Buying Advice M-F 1643

/ M-F 1643 #1  

jtheise4

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1643 & Allis-Chalmers D14
Hello everyone. First time posting. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a new M-F 1643 with a DL120 loader. I've also been considering the JD3520, NH2035, and Case IH 35. From what I can tell, the M-F is a much better built tractor. Anyone disagree? Thanks for the advice.

/ M-F 1643 #2  
Welcome to TBN! you will find unlimited info here in this forum. The MF has much better hydraulics, than other brands. You will find many happy tractor owners among the Massey Ferguson group. That said, all tractors are good if you do not own one. Choose your dealer, then find the right tractor for you.

/ M-F 1643 #3  
Hello everyone. First time posting. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a new M-F 1643 with a DL120 loader. I've also been considering the JD3520, NH2035, and Case IH 35. From what I can tell, the M-F is a much better built tractor. Anyone disagree? Thanks for the advice.

I am looking at a MF 1635/cab. What trans are you looking at? I am looking at Powershuttle, would love DynaQPS, but I would haver to step into more tractor than I need.

df

/ M-F 1643 #4  
I have had mine for about a month and love it. I have the Powershuttle. You can also change gears while moving(1-4). The power shuttle is great. I still find my self clutching sometimes when I shift forward and reverse. I have not really tested mine but I am looking forward to spring.

/ M-F 1643 #5  
I have had mine for about a month and love it. I have the Powershuttle. You can also change gears while moving(1-4). The power shuttle is great. I still find my self clutching sometimes when I shift forward and reverse. I have not really tested mine but I am looking forward to spring.

You do not need to clutch it from 1-4??

df

/ M-F 1643 #6  

df

Fully synchronized transmission, 1-4. Just like a car. Clutch through the gears. Clutch through the ranges at a standstill. Shift forward/reverse without clutch. The attached diagram gives a rough equivalent schematic of the drive.

Attachments

• Power Shuttle.JPG
    Power Shuttle.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 567
   / M-F 1643
I am looking at a MF 1635/cab. What trans are you looking at? I am looking at Powershuttle, would love DynaQPS, but I would haver to step into more tractor than I need.

df

I'm going with the hydrostatic. My wife will be driving the tractor and does not know how to run a manual tranny. Figure the hydro would be the easiest to opperate.

/ M-F 1643 #8  

You lucky guy....You almost pulled the trigger, well I did that yesterday, see my thread just next to yours.
I ordered a 1643 HST, loader, hd 72 in. bucket, industrial tire and 2 rear remlotes. I really think I made a very good choice, I do not think Massey is worst than Kubota, but the 1643 is surely a lot more tractor ( better equipment) than the L4400 I was looking for that is really basic....but I have no experience with Massey's . My brother in law is working for Hewitt that is a partner of AGCO or belongs to AGCO and told me it was a good machine as well as a Kubota. I never tried a Grand L Kubota that is probably as well equiped as a Massey but have a stronger hydraulics. I wish you and I good luck and wish us hours of fun ( I mean work hihih) Have a nice day.

/ M-F 1643 #9  

I would pull the trigger on the 1643. I love mine. I have a friend that bought a L3400 about 6 month ago and he regrets getting it after seeing and playing around on my 1643.

/ M-F 1643 #10  

df

1-4 is just like a manual car. I really like it when I am cutting the field I can speed up on smooth areas and slow down on bad spots with out stopping to change gears.