New 1528 arrives tomorrow. How'd I do?

/ New 1528 arrives tomorrow. How'd I do? #1  

kb2tha

Been lurking for awhile as I have been doing my search. Finally pulled the trigger on a new 1528 HST with 60" FEL and Massey frame mounted backhoe attachment(16" bucket). Extras include loaded rear tires (R4's), Wallenstein mechanical thumb and a block heater. Am looking very soon to add a Wallenstein 3 pt chipper and next winter hopefully a front blade and rear chains. Will build a ballast box if needed. Paid $23,500 from a very good dealer in Stamford, NY. Beat the other local MF dealer by over $2300.

Tractor will be used on 5.5 acres for cleaning brush, chipping mostly small maples, trench work in prep for new home, snow removal, brush hogging, etc. Finish mowing will happen with a JDstx 38 at least to start with.

I'm stoked over this. One of the first jobs will be to remove a fire hydrant with a 5' extension on it and relocate it on the new homesite. That will be after the rest of our snow is gone and the ground firms up a little.

Thanks for letting me gloat a little!!!

/ New 1528 arrives tomorrow. How'd I do? #2  
Congrats on your new investment.
By the sounds of your list you should get a tan..post some pics. :)

/ New 1528 arrives tomorrow. How'd I do? #3  
I like mine, I am sure you will love it.:thumbsup:

/ New 1528 arrives tomorrow. How'd I do? #4  
I saw your tractor today, very nice.

/ New 1528 arrives tomorrow. How'd I do?
Bever 22,
Where do you live that you saw my tractor? It is supposed to be delivered today about 1pm. I am in Bovina Center.
Ken

/ New 1528 arrives tomorrow. How'd I do? #6  
He lives around the corner. That young turd spends more time at tractor dealers than most folks spend at Walmarts.

He talked an associate of his into buying a Massey this morning.

I suspect he's looking for kick-backs...... but that's just a guess........ sorta.

/ New 1528 arrives tomorrow. How'd I do? #7  
He lives around the corner. That young turd spends more time at tractor dealers than most folks spend at Walmarts.

He talked an associate of his into buying a Massey this morning.

I suspect he's looking for kick-backs.

Hit the nail right on the head, I am trying to convince a green rider to go red.:drool:

/ New 1528 arrives tomorrow. How'd I do? #8  
Congratulatons.
Could you post a picture of the backhoe and thumb? I would like to add one also. thanks

/ New 1528 arrives tomorrow. How'd I do? #9  
Congratulations! I love my 2310, but if I were to go just a bit bigger... that 1528 makes me drool; seems like the best of both worlds as regards size vs. maneuverability. Your price sounds very good.

/ New 1528 arrives tomorrow. How'd I do? #10  
Awsome. I am looking at either a 1528 or 1529. I don't see much loader work (mostly light backhoe - no mowing) and I don't mind gears so I think I might lean toward the 1529. I'll get a tiller and possibly a post hole digger for it sometime. I haven't done any serious shopping yet, but if I get it it will be at Eklunds. Your deal sounds good, maybe I'll have to stop in this weekend.