MF135 (early/late models) & MF148 differences

/ MF135 (early/late models) & MF148 differences #1  

michael82

Hi,

My name is Michael and I am looking at buying a MF135 or MF148

I would like to no what the difference between the MF135 (early model), MF135 (late models) and MF148

I no there was a change from Swept back and straight axles, round to square guards and engine power(hp)

What year did all these changes happen ?

Are there any other differences I have left out

Any information would be much appreciated

Michael

/ MF135 (early/late models) & MF148 differences #2  
Hi,

My name is Michael and I am looking at buying a MF135 or MF148

I would like to no what the difference between the MF135 (early model), MF135 (late models) and MF148

I no there was a change from Swept back and straight axles, round to square guards and engine power(hp)

What year did all these changes happen ?

Are there any other differences I have left out

Any information would be much appreciated

Michael

MF135s were manufactured from 1964 thru 1975.

There are/were several 135 types produced--field crop (probably the type produced in the largest numbers), vineyard (a narrow body version), orchard (a lowered version).

It came in two basic models--Standard (a stripped down version with minimal instruments) and Deluxe (full instrument cluster, MultiPower option, etc). MultiPower doubled the number of gears to 12F/4R.

The field crop version came with the swepped front axle; the vineyard came in both the straight and swepped front axle configurations; the orchard came with a straight front axle. As near as I can tell from the MF135 parts manual.

Guards--what are you talking about here?

Here are a few photos of my 1964 MF-135 diesel--it's configured for orchard work with the large 18" wide rear tires on 16" diameter rims and shortened front spindles

DSCF0016 (Small).JPG

DSCF0017 (Small).JPG

To add to the confusion, my 135 has the swept front axle.

DSCF0011-small.JPG

This feature along with the rear axle configuration convince me that my MF135 is a field tractor that's been modified into an orchard configuration by one of the previous owners.

Good luck with your MF135 adventure.

/ MF135 (early/late models) & MF148 differences #3  
MF 148

Michael often they are relative the same tractor but from different parts of the world is my take after getting the FIL's old 1976 265 MF.

http://www.machinery.uk.com/interesting.htm

While at the site check out the interesting photos over time.