Price Check whats it worth

/ whats it worth #1  

b wells

Tractor
massey ferguson 210-4
i am looking to buy my father a used massey 210-4 tractor from a friend. The tractor looks new as it was garage kept, has low hours around 800,and comes with a 5 foot finish mower. I know very little about tractors but I have operated it and it seems to run very smooth and nothing looks to be broke or missing.It comes with the orig. owners paperwork. Some of the details it has 4 new tires,finish mower,I know it is a 2 cyld diesel,4 wd,manual shift. My friend bought it last year for 5,000.00 and offered it to me for 4,000.00 is it worth what he is aking?

/ whats it worth #2  
Here's a link w/2 for sale.MASSEY-FERGUSON 210, Used MASSEY-FERGUSON 210, MASSEY-FERGUSON 210 For Sale At TractorHouse.com - Page 1
You never said what kind of work you plan to do with it.Makes a big difference!
Maybe you could post a pic or two.If it looks like you state"like new" and has been garage kept,I'd say it's worth the money.Also maybe you could bring qualified diesel mechanic to inspect it for you(make sure you know what the charges are up front or that they don't go behind your back and buy it).;)

Boone

/ whats it worth #3  
Your friend may have over paid. MAY have overpaid. His discount to you, while substantial, may still not be enough. Is there some reason you wish to purchase your father this particular tractor? This model may not be the ideal tractor for your father's needs. Who will service this tractor after it is gifted to your dad? Have you investigated the availability of parts, longer term, for this tractor?