Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    MF 285 Long 560 MF2670 CX100

Default Re: MF 2660HD

Verry good tractors. They are also offering a free loader with these tractor right now and verry easy to work on with the pop up hood.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Nice tractors. I am looking at the 1648 models myself. The MF lines seems to be more ergonomically fit to me than the other brands

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 630

I would never have considered buying a MF tractor had it not been for this forum and you well informed forumites. I have pined away for a JD 5093 E series for months, (don't require one that big, just "want" one I guess) and am going to buy in the next year most likely, if the White House hasn't finished us off by then). But after seeing the MF video on the HD series utility tractors, and calling a local dealer that I don't know due to them being in a litttle town I don't go to often, I found them friendly, talkative and knowledgeable (more than I can say about my local JD people). The guy sent me a brochure that day, and I have been further impressed by the tractors weight, heft, power, and looks of the MF 2680.

How do these tractors compare in price to the JD's, kubota's, etc.?

Tractor
    856 international

Quote Originally Posted by brucew44guns View Post
    I would never have considered buying a MF tractor had it not been for this forum and you well informed forumites. I have pined away for a JD 5093 E series for months, (don't require one that big, just "want" one I guess) and am going to buy in the next year most likely, if the White House hasn't finished us off by then). But after seeing the MF video on the HD series utility tractors, and calling a local dealer that I don't know due to them being in a litttle town I don't go to often, I found them friendly, talkative and knowledgeable (more than I can say about my local JD people). The guy sent me a brochure that day, and I have been further impressed by the tractors weight, heft, power, and looks of the MF 2680.
    I have a 2660hd mfwd with rops and 260 loader. I had a 2625 and it was junk. I like my 2660 because it is a much better built tractor. Given it is significantly bigger. It has a lot of power but the brakes are spongy I have not read about adjusting them yet. I like the size of the fuel tank and location. Huge improvement over the 2625. The 3pt hitch stabilizers are awesome I cannot say how much I like them. Drilling post hole's hauling bales there is no sway. I am 5'5'' tall and I do wish it had tilt steering it would make reaching the pedals easier but o well. Overall I like my tractor and would recommend it.

Tractor
    MF 2660 LP, Kubota B2150, Kubota BX2200, MH Pacer, Gravely 5660, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielJ View Post
    I've been looking at a MF 2660HD/MFWD/FEL/CAB. I would appreciate comments from anyone familiar with this line of tractors. I've also shopped JD5083E and kubota M7040. I don't have a lot of experience with Massey tractors especially since the AGCO buyout.

Way back in the 60's we had a Massey 135 which we used for citrus farming in S. Texas. Us kids abused it and then some and it held up great. But that was back in the days when Troy-Bilt tillers lasted forever too.
    What did you end up buying or have you ? I have a 2660HD platform tractor with very low hours. Have a LOT of info on them if you are interested. (Just info, mine is not for sale.)
    jwr
    ------------------------------------------------------
    MF2660 LowProfile, 7'BushHog, Orsi Articulated boom hydraulic rotary cutter, Landpride 6' finish mower, Kubota BX2200, Kubota B2150, 5' snowblower, 6' blade, scraper box, Gravely 1983 w/sulky, mower and snow blower, misc. attachments. Pequea 1018 deckover trailer, half interest in Massey Harris Pacer family heirloom... and a lot of junk...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12