MF 2660HD

/ MF 2660HD #1  

DanielJ

Tractor
John Deere 5625
I've been looking at a MF 2660HD/MFWD/FEL/CAB. I would appreciate comments from anyone familiar with this line of tractors. I've also shopped JD5083E and Kubota M7040. I don't have a lot of experience with Massey tractors especially since the AGCO buyout.

Way back in the 60's we had a Massey 135 which we used for citrus farming in S. Texas. Us kids abused it and then some and it held up great. But that was back in the days when Troy-Bilt tillers lasted forever too.

/ MF 2660HD #2  
I've been looking at a MF 2660HD/MFWD/FEL/CAB. I would appreciate comments from anyone familiar with this line of tractors. I've also shopped JD5083E and Kubota M7040. I don't have a lot of experience with Massey tractors especially since the AGCO buyout.

Way back in the 60's we had a Massey 135 which we used for citrus farming in S. Texas. Us kids abused it and then some and it held up great. But that was back in the days when Troy-Bilt tillers lasted forever too.

:). Ya but MTD Didn't buy MF----Thank God!

The New HD2600 are great tractor with updated looks.

/ MF 2660HD #3  
I have been looking at the 2680hd and have been very impressed by the shear strength and the refinements they have done. it looks to be a very tough tractor but i have not got to operate one yet. i hope to run one soon.

/ MF 2660HD
I have been looking at the 2680hd and have been very impressed by the shear strength and the refinements they have done. it looks to be a very tough tractor but i have not got to operate one yet. i hope to run one soon.

Let us know what you think after operating the 2680HD. I'll do likewise - maybe this week. The comparison video on the MF website between JD/KUB/NH/MF-HD is very interesting.

/ MF 2660HD
I tested a 2670HD on the lot yesterday. I was impressed. Ran smooth, liked the shuttle shift and gearshift. Handled nimbly and felt very solid. Only drawback is the cab has only one door. Maintainence points very accessible.
Forgot to check how easy it is to clean the radiator. It is a very heavy tractor compared to a Kubota 9540 which I tested last week.

/ MF 2660HD #6  
I tested a 2670HD on the lot yesterday. I was impressed. Ran smooth, liked the shuttle shift and gearshift. Handled nimbly and felt very solid. Only drawback is the cab has only one door. Maintainence points very accessible.
Forgot to check how easy it is to clean the radiator. It is a very heavy tractor compared to a Kubota 9540 which I tested last week.

Only one door is not uncommon. All kinds of monitors are mounted on the right side.

No real need for the second door.

df.

/ MF 2660HD #7  
Did you like the Kubota or Massey best?

/ MF 2660HD #8  
While I don't get in and out of the second door, I like opening it for ventilation to cool off a tractor that's been in the sun, and I use it a lot when I stop and talk to someone on that side of the tractor. Not a deal breaker though. They look pretty good. I did take a good look at the Deere 5083 last year and was about to buy it when I found my TN75. I thought the Deere ran well, and was well laid out. Price with SL loader was about $43k.

/ MF 2660HD #9  
I didn't know about the 2600 HD series until another poster mentioned it in another thread, so I went to the massey website to see them. Looking at the specs for the 2650HD I immediately recognized it as an updated 471, which is the tractor I own. I've been very pleased with my 471 and was also considering the kubota 7040 before I bought it. What swayed me to the massey was it was considerably bigger and heavier even though the engine horsepower was roughly the same. The 471 was a bit more "old school" than the kubota but I plan on keeping this tractor the rest of my life and old school is good in my mind, I didn't want any electronic displays that would probably go out in a few years and be expensive to replace. I wanted basic, reliable, and easy to work on.

I just wanted to point out to those who were curious about these tractors that they're updated 400 and 500 series. The 2650HD is the old 471 or 573, the 2660HD is the old 481 or 583, the 2670HD is the old 491 or 593, and the 2680HD is the old 492 or 596.

The 400 and 500 series are great tractors and I'm sure the 2600 HD series will be also.

/ MF 2660HD #10  
The new 2600HD's are much quiter than the 400 & 500 series as well. Adding the turbo really made a difference.