MF 1643 and 1648 model, any problems?

/ MF 1643 and 1648 model, any problems? #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
I am looking at purchasing either a 1643 or 1648 CAB model with QPS transmission. Does anyone have any info on problems etc with these models.

/ MF 1643 and 1648 model, any problems?
Also, any issues with the new models on the QPS transmission. I had read here last year where someone had posted that the QPS transmission has problems the first year they came out. Hope they have fixed what ever the problem was (if it was a problem)

/ MF 1643 and 1648 model, any problems? #3  
Im a MF dealer in TX and have sold alot of the 1500 and 1600 compact tractors. So far no prob. with the trans. Great tractor.Dont for get MF is offering a free loader with that tractor for now, or 72 months @ 0%:thumbsup:

/ MF 1643 and 1648 model, any problems? #4  
Hi ! My tractor is a 1643 but HST. Cannot talk about the QPS transmission but concerning all the other components, I love mine. The 1643 and 1648 have the same engine but the 1648 has a lot more power on the FEL. See your needs of fel power and also 3 pts . You can,t go wrong with one or the other. Good luck. Roger

/ MF 1643 and 1648 model, any problems? #5  
I have the 1547 with hydro and have had no problems in 2 years and 250 hours. Still love it.

The 1648 is the same tractor, but a little fancier.

Ivan

/ MF 1643 and 1648 model, any problems?
Thanks guys for the input. I really like the amenities of the MF QPS system which is the main reason for selecting the MF, that and the platform layout seems to be the better combination on the market. I currently have a Yanmar Powershift and love it. I wanted to stay away from the HP robbing (3-4 HP loss) hydrostatic drives even with their infinited speed control I think I prefer to stay with the gear drive. I have never found a gear drive tractor that I couldnt get the speed match that I needed with the throttle and gear selector. I have always driven farm tractors with the gear drive and hi /lo powershift for each gear and found them adequate for all instances. I also use the brakes almost everytime I turn to assist in shorter turning and it helps keep the front wheels from tearing up the pasture sod a bit by using the brakes in a turn. I find that all the hydrostatic tractors have some cumbersome pedal arrangements that dont seem conducive to proper operation of a tractor.

/ MF 1643 and 1648 model, any problems? #7  
I have been reading up on the 1600 series line and I really like what I see. I haven't gone and looked at the dealer yet. So may be some of you can confirm if I understand these new tranmissions. The last one I owned was an old Massey that if I remember correct was a 3 speed with reverse and a high low range selector. Keep this up and I am going to give my age away.:D

Hydrostatic
You get 3 range speeds with single brake pedal on the left.
A foward and a reverse pedal on the right.
With a speed control lever on the column and cruise control.

12X12 Power Shuttle
12 forward and 12 reverse, I guess this is a 4 speed transmission with 3 speed ranges? Push in clutch select gear and range?
Plus an on the column foward and reverse selector so you can change direction with out using the clutch.
Clutch pedal on left with 2 brake pedals on the right with gas pedal on right side plus speed control lever on the column.

12X12 Dyna OPS
Same as the 12X12 Power Shuttle with added shift contol on the speed control lever on column that allows you to shift between the 4 speeds, up and down, with out using the clutch.

The reason for this long winded post is I am thinking about a 1660 and they don't offer the hydrostatic on it. I guess what I am trying to figure out is the OPS worth the added cost.

Thanks for any feed back you can give.

Roger

/ MF 1643 and 1648 model, any problems? #8  
Yes the added cost is worth it. I dont like the hydrostatic, less over all power and twice the maintnance

/ MF 1643 and 1648 model, any problems? #9  
I have been reading up on the 1600 series line and I really like what I see. I haven't gone and looked at the dealer yet. So may be some of you can confirm if I understand these new tranmissions. The last one I owned was an old Massey that if I remember correct was a 3 speed with reverse and a high low range selector. Keep this up and I am going to give my age away.:D

Hydrostatic

12X12 Power Shuttle
12 forward and 12 reverse, I guess this is a 4 speed transmission with 3 speed ranges? Push in clutch select gear and range?
Plus an on the column foward and reverse selector so you can change direction with out using the clutch.
Clutch pedal on left with 2 brake pedals on the right with gas pedal on right side plus speed control lever on the column.

12X12 Dyna OPS
Same as the 12X12 Power Shuttle with added shift contol on the speed control lever on column that allows you to shift between the 4 speeds, up and down, with out using the clutch.

The reason for this long winded post is I am thinking about a 1660 and they don't offer the hydrostatic on it. I guess what I am trying to figure out is the OPS worth the added cost.

Roger

Hi ! I have a 1643 Hst and the Massey Hst pedal is also connected to the trottle device, the more you push your Hst pedal ( forward and another to reverse) it will increase the engine rpm like a car. Also you wrote a single brake pedal, the pedal is a split pedal brake left or right and like the other tractor you can lock them ( 2 brake pedals ). I personnaly love Hst. As you wrotte there is a trottle lever on the column to set your rpm for pto or other equipment requirement. I put a photo of mine you will see how it is . Good luck Roger.

Attachments

• 125.jpg
    125.jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 883
   / MF 1643 and 1648 model, any problems? #10  

Hydrostatic

12X12 Power Shuttle

12X12 Dyna OPS

Roger

Well worth it!! The HST is not even comparable to the QPS!! I say go for it. :)

df.