Wheel Weights or Fill Rear Tires

/ Wheel Weights or Fill Rear Tires #1  

Cropdustr

Bronze Member
I'm just about ready to purchase GC2410TLB, dealer said he will fill rear tires or put on Weights, well weight in gentlemen:laughing:what would you do with your red machine? Fill tires or weights ?????:confused2:

/ Wheel Weights or Fill Rear Tires #2  
I put wheel weights on my 1532 . I put two on each side ( 42 # each ) . They work good for me . Everybody has their preference .

/ Wheel Weights or Fill Rear Tires #3  
Filling generally provides more weight, if you are concerned about calcium and are in a climate that freezes, they can use windshield washer antifreeze, it won't eat the rims.

/ Wheel Weights or Fill Rear Tires #4  
I put wheel weights on my GC2400. Would like to fill the tires too. Just need to find a rimguard installer. Why would you need weight on a TLB? I could see needing the front tires filled, but I think you will be good on the rear.

/ Wheel Weights or Fill Rear Tires #5  
I had wheel weights on my BX subcut. I liked very much having the option of using the weight or not having the weight. Never regretted my decision.

On my new CUT tractor, I'd still like to have wheel weights, but they are far less common for this size. I'll likely be filling the rears.

/ Wheel Weights or Fill Rear Tires #6  
see photo to left---wheel weights were very cost efective and easy to put on and take off as necessary

/ Wheel Weights or Fill Rear Tires #7  
Out where I live, weighted tires are a must, so I filled them. Nothing but hills around here. If it is more a permanent thing, fill them. If you are in an area that doesn't require the weight all the time, then weight them. Just my opinion.

/ Wheel Weights or Fill Rear Tires #8  
As someone else already mentioned, WHY do you need weight added on a TLB????

The backhoe should probide all the weight you need to be balanced and effective with FEL work.

If you take the BH off for other chores like mowing, take the loader off too. O cant think of any reason to have JUST the loader on and NOT the BH, or at least another heavy inplement like a BB.

/ Wheel Weights or Fill Rear Tires #9  
As someone else already mentioned, WHY do you need weight added on a TLB????

The backhoe should probide all the weight you need to be balanced and effective with FEL work.

If you take the BH off for other chores like mowing, take the loader off too. O cant think of any reason to have JUST the loader on and NOT the BH, or at least another heavy inplement like a BB.

Everyone situation is unique. Steepness of slopes, how much room is available to maneuver all play a factor. When the BH is installed on my machine it raises the CG noticeably and makes the machine longer (less maneuverable). There are steep areas on my property where I am very hesitant to go with the BH installed. Filled tires lets me drop the BH, and do some loader work in tight areas or on a slope without having to take the time to lower and hook up the lift links, install the box blade, then worry about having my box blade blade hit something. Then it's only a minute to reinstall the BH because my links are still folded up and I just back up to the BH, connect the hoses, hitch 'er up and I'm off.

Similar with snow removal. It's nice to not have anything off the back of the tractor when clearing snow. If I didn't have weight in the tires (or wheel weights) I would need some other weight on the tractor in the winter. I would probably use a ballast box for ease of maneuverability rather than my BH or BB.

For me, the scut TLB gets used for so many different tasks that filled tires/weights add to the versatility of the machine. I have yet to have a situation where I wanted the tires empty. Combine different needs on different properties and every situation is unique. I ended up filling the front tires as well as the rears. Helped with steering up steep slopes with the BH installed and a empty bucket.

/ Wheel Weights or Fill Rear Tires #10  
Cropdustr, glad to hear you are coming to a decision!! Hope the litchfield dealer has treated you as fair as they did me. As far as tire loading goes, I would only recommend doing it with tractor/loader's. I don't think it's necessary on a tlb. Good luck!! Take pics!!