A "Barlow's" for Massey Ferguson?

/ A "Barlow's" for Massey Ferguson? #1  

SrChf

Bronze Member
Tractor
None...YET!! :)
I am forcing myself to take my time shopping for a SCUT in order to get the best price.

Barlow's seems to be the 'place to beat' when buying a Kabota. (if you know of an even better nationwide mail order/internet volume seller - please, do tell!)

What is the 'place to beat' for M-F's?

I have narrowed my search down to a BX25 TLB and a GC2410 TLB. (other equivalent SCUTs are out due to not having 60 or 72 month 0% financing (that I know of.)

Thank you all!

/ A "Barlow's" for Massey Ferguson? #2  
I don't have an answer to your question, but I would say a good local dealer, one that is willing to work with you for service, any possible warranty work and future sales, is worth paying a little extra up front. I got lucky and have a excellent dealer less than a hour away. I could have bought a different color for a slightly lower price at a somewhat closer dealer, but this place gave me that good vibe from the first moment I walked in. Never regretted the few extra dollars up front. I have probably saved that in good deals on additional implements.

Just saying, factor the dealer quality and location into the total package price.

/ A "Barlow's" for Massey Ferguson? #3  
My grandfather used to say "a bargain isn't always a good buy.". I would suggest purchasing from a local dealer for the simple reason of service after the sale. Very happy with my local dealer and anytime I need service, I go right to the front of the line (told me the other day he is almost a month out). He also told me that anyone who doesn't buy a MF from him heads to the back of the line. For a few extra bucks I think it was money well spent. Good luck!

/ A "Barlow's" for Massey Ferguson? #4  
Lemons in West Virginia

/ A "Barlow's" for Massey Ferguson?
My grandfather used to say "a bargain isn't always a good buy.". I would suggest purchasing from a local dealer for the simple reason of service after the sale. Very happy with my local dealer and anytime I need service, I go right to the front of the line (told me the other day he is almost a month out). He also told me that anyone who doesn't buy a MF from him heads to the back of the line. For a few extra bucks I think it was money well spent. Good luck!

Sorry but so far Barlow's is giving me about $2000 savings compared to the 'best price' my local dealer offered me. I'll gladly wait out in the rain or snow for that kinda scratch - besides, I'm military and move often anyway. I dont have the luxury of 'building 'long term business relationships' with anyone. In 24 months me and my tractor will be on the opposite side of the country for all I know.

Last edited:
Lemons in West Virginia

Thank you.

Does this sound like the place?

Lemon's Farm Equipment and Trailer
42 Lemon Lane
Parkersburg, WV 26101
Phone: 304-8633469
Fax: 304-8636772

What is your experience with them?

/ A "Barlow's" for Massey Ferguson? #7  
Thank you.

Does this sound like the place?

Lemon's Farm Equipment and Trailer
42 Lemon Lane
Parkersburg, WV 26101
Phone: 304-8633469
Fax: 304-8636772

What is your experience with them?

I believe that is who he was referring too. After you call Lemon and Baretts, check w/ Fairplain Tractor in Ripley WV. They sell both Bota's, and MF's. And will likely match if not beat their price.

I believe that is who he was referring too. After you call Lemon and Baretts, check w/ Fairplain Tractor in Ripley WV. They sell both Bota's, and MF's. And will likely match if not beat their price.

Wacky, thank you very much!:thumbsup:

/ A "Barlow's" for Massey Ferguson? #9  
If you are all about saving money on the initial purchase then go with the Kubota. If you want the better tractor go with the Massy. If you look at both of them side by side you will see the difference. I paid more for the Massy over the Kubota but I got more tractor with the Massy.

I havent heard of any place that is the place to beat for Massy's though. Your biggest difference in price is going to be because of the financing. Massy will not give much of a price break if it is financed, Kubota will.

If you are all about saving money on the initial purchase then go with the Kubota. If you want the better tractor go with the Massy. If you look at both of them side by side you will see the difference. I paid more for the Massy over the Kubota but I got more tractor with the Massy.

I havent heard of any place that is the place to beat for Massy's though. Your biggest difference in price is going to be because of the financing. Massy will not give much of a price break if it is financed, Kubota will.

I cant disagree with you. I did go with the BX mostly for the 1200 in savings on the premise that both are 'good machines' as everyone agrees to here it seems.

I am on break from using it for the first day as a matter of fact. I agree with the feedback...It's a nice machine and I am throwing alot at it (Only other TBL I have ever used is a full sized JD310) so I am having to really throttle back and lower my expectations as they are universes apart as far as TBL's go - I agree that the Massey would probably bog down less in this heavy clay soil (Im cutting into a side of a hill and using that dirt to filling in tree stump holes) but overall, though it will take a little longer, my first blush assessment is I think I will be happy with this machine. It's a good exercise in patience - will help me get ready for retirement. lol.