Buying Advice Massey Ferguson 2615

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 #1  

lilwhitesambo

Tractor
Massey 2615
I'd like to tell you of my experience with the new Massey 2615...when my tractor had 15 hours, the guages went out. At 20 hours, the parking brake came off in my hand. At 230 hours, the 4-wheel drive went out completely and at 239 hours the PTO was inoperable. After a long stay at the dealer, the tractor was returned to me and ran for two days. This morning, there was a loud pop while backing up and the tractor is sitting in the field (won't move at all). If you're looking for a good dependable machine for light to medium farm use....DON'T look at the Massey 2600 series tractors. If the dealer can get this one to run long enough for me to get it to the John Deere dealer, I won't look at another Massey again unless its broke down in someone elses field....

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 #2  
The good massey s are made in japan . 1428v , 1533 good quality control.
My local dealer doesn't like the 2600 series, cheaply made.

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 #3  
Its a shame that I've never heard anything good about that lineup. They look on the suface and specs to be good old school utility tractors. I seriously considered a 2615 w/shuttle trans to replace my JD5210 last summer, but decided to pass based on the early feedback they were receiving. Sounds like they aren't getting any better. With AGCO still being an American company I was hoping for better.

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 #4  
What s/n is your tractor (what year was it built)?

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 #5  
Hey, I have been considering getting a tractor. I have been looking at the Massey Ferguson 2600 series tractors. I like the 2605 2wd, not interested in 4wd tractors. I was curious about the 38hp of the 2605, and it's lug power ? How much lug power are we talking about ? I have noticed little grey fergies capable of pulling 3 bottom plows. My primary use will be tillage work, a close second will be pulling heavy Red Oak logs, some over 30 in diameter, anywhere from 8ft to 30ft long, depending on the diameter. Can this tractor handle heavy logs, dead weight, of this size ? I can cut the logs to size's managable for this tractor if I would find the lug power wasn't enough to pull a particular log. What is anyone's experience with tractors of this weight 4,000lbs, and around 30hp, what do they seem to lack, except for maybe lower PTO hp ratings. I have also looked at the 2615, and 2625. The 2615 is only a few hundred pounds heavier, with 11 more hp, and a little heavier rear end axle housing, the 2625 has 63 hp, weighs over 5,000lbs, has a heavier rearend, and heavier look altogether. I have noticed that heavier tractors in wet soil conditions seem to get stuck quicker than the 4,000lb class of tractors. Now on dry ground the larger tractors may acquire more traction, but in damp, and wet soil conditions, that I find common here in Southern West Virginia, as well as mountainous. This would be my first Utility tractor. Any experinced insight is appreciated thanks. Oh, the 2605 is priced about $11,500-$12,000 2WD the 2615 2WD $14,500-$16,000, and the 2625 is more difficult to price, Massey's website says $30,000 but, I believe it is somewhere in the $19,000-$22,000 range.. hopefully lower. One of the Dealers for Massey told me prices vary at different times of the year. Other tractors I have considered are the Farmall 70, and 55A,75A 2wd manual, New Holland T4020-4030 2WD, but I like the Massey Fergusons, The little Grey Fergie as a good reputation for versatility. So, is the 2605 38hp 2WD enough tractor

/ Massey Ferguson 2615 #6  
Hey, I have been considering getting a tractor. I have been looking at the Massey Ferguson 2600 series tractors. I like the 2605 2wd, not interested in 4wd tractors. I was curious about the 38hp of the 2605, and it's lug power ? How much lug power are we talking about ? I have noticed little grey fergies capable of pulling 3 bottom plows. My primary use will be tillage work, a close second will be pulling heavy Red Oak logs, some over 30 in diameter, anywhere from 8ft to 30ft long, depending on the diameter. Can this tractor handle heavy logs, dead weight, of this size ? I can cut the logs to size's managable for this tractor if I would find the lug power wasn't enough to pull a particular log. What is anyone's experience with tractors of this weight 4,000lbs, and around 30hp, what do they seem to lack, except for maybe lower PTO hp ratings. I have also looked at the 2615, and 2625. The 2615 is only a few hundred pounds heavier, with 11 more hp, and a little heavier rear end axle housing, the 2625 has 63 hp, weighs over 5,000lbs, has a heavier rearend, and heavier look altogether. I have noticed that heavier tractors in wet soil conditions seem to get stuck quicker than the 4,000lb class of tractors. Now on dry ground the larger tractors may acquire more traction, but in damp, and wet soil conditions, that I find common here in Southern West Virginia, as well as mountainous. This would be my first Utility tractor. Any experinced insight is appreciated thanks. Oh, the 2605 is priced about $11,500-$12,000 2WD the 2615 2WD $14,500-$16,000, and the 2625 is more difficult to price, Massey's website says $30,000 but, I believe it is somewhere in the $19,000-$22,000 range.. hopefully lower. One of the Dealers for Massey told me prices vary at different times of the year. Other tractors I have considered are the Farmall 70, and 55A,75A 2wd manual, New Holland T4020-4030 2WD, but I like the Massey Fergusons, The little Grey Fergie as a good reputation for versatility. So, is the 2605 38hp 2WD enough tractor

Sounds like the 2605 would work for you, but depending on how wet the ground is when pulling logs has a LOT to do with the "length" of logs you'll be able to pull. My MF 231 is 38 engine hp and 34 PTO hp. I love this tractor and is my favorite one I've had so far, but it sure could use some more power at times while bush hogging. I run a 5' Bush Hog model 285 medium duty rotary cutter and the 231 doesn't want anymore. The cutter is made really heavy though. But I do pull a 6.5' set of heavy gang disks with it (3 pt. lift type). Does Excellent with the disks.

With all things said, I'm 100% satisfied with my 231 Massey Ferguson.