Buying Advice See a GC2410?

/ See a GC2410? #1  

steveinyuma

Tractor
BX25, Marathon Electric Tug, Hon Deer
I have been trying to find a GC2410 TLB to look at. I am in rural north central Arizona, and though there are MF dealers in the Phoenix area who have priced (quite differently, I might add) and are willing to get a GC, not one I have been in contact with can SHOW me one.. I have looked at and priced Kubota BX25, but I don't want to buy without seeing the MF. These are large dealers who don't seem to stock anything not meant for 300 acre fields. Same issue with John Deere, who didn't have any brochures newer than 2008 on compacts and never called me after a visit. (Who knows where the vaunted "1 Series" is?) The Kubota and MF dealers are all 60-80 miles away, so not having ANY dealer close by is a known issue. They have service departments and are friendly enough, but I am unwilling to spend near $20000 to buy something sight unseen.
I am going to be visiting relatives near York, PA in June... Pennsylvania...the Land of Small Tractors! Can anyone tell me who has one of these in stock, or where I can at least get to sit on one? I am a bit uncomfortable with bothering a dealer who I will probably not buy from, but hey, it's for the MF cause, right? Anyone within a reasonable driving distance of there who wants to spend an hour or so to demo or brag about their GC2410 would also fit the bill.
This isn't a problem I've seen posted here since I've been following these 2400 threads, but you people sure have been helpful in causing this dilemma!

Thanks for any input, advice, or just comments.

/ See a GC2410? #2  
Good plan wanting to see the Massey. That is usually all it takes to make you HAVE to have it. Amazing little machine. So very big and tractory, yet so right sized. Hard not to smile when you use it. Good luck!

/ See a GC2410? #3  
your comment is all too true... I stopped at a MF dealer in central NH a few weeks ago to look at the 15xx and decided it was too big. I turned around to see the gc26xxtlb as I somehow had missed that MB had a sub-compact.

Finally had time this morning to go test drive one at a more local dealer. The decision is kind of tough between the bx25 and gc2xxx. Both of my dealers are about 9 miles from me.

The MF seems to be in short supply.

joe

/ See a GC2410?
I found a dealer who can show me a GC2300 rental here, but it is some different I understand. This week I hope, before the PA trip. He also put me in contact with an Arizona owner, so I hope to be able to learn some from that.
Still really don't understand why dealers are afraid to stock them. It was explained to me that there was a big slowdown a year or two ago (like everything else), then things picked up this year, so dealers were reluctant to stock and everything's gone. Not sure about that. Seems like if you can taste Girl Scout cookies, they sell more cookies.
There's evidence in these forums of people buying something because they need it and it was the only choice available. Easier if all the choices are good choices, but certainly not too convenient for potential customers. Maybe it's more of a problem here in the west. Maybe I'll know soon.
Anyway, all this messing around has led to the "1 Series" JD finally being officially released. (but also not yet visible at local dealers). Probably more money and a longer wait.
Sometimes I get a headache and think I should sink a thousand or two in the Simplicity 4041 that brought all this on, but now I've seen diesel 4 wheel drive Paree...
Thanks for the input.

/ See a GC2410? #5  
It's all pretty much a matter of what fits you the best.

I looked at Cub Cadet/Yanmar, John Deere, Kubota and Massey.

My wife didn't want a 'bumblebee', I didn't want to spend that much money on a John Deere with an aluminum rear end, so it was close between the Massey and Kubota.

The Massey had the brake on the left, and was more comfortable to me and the misses.

I would make the same choice again:thumbsup:

/ See a GC2410? #6  
I think dealers try to stock them, but sold orders take priority over dealer stock. I believe the tsunami in Japan has also effected availability. I know when I ordered mine it was rerouted from a dealer stock to my sold order. I think that is why most dealers say they can sell you one, but don't have one to show. I think he told me a sold order takes 2 weeks to fill. A dealer stock order can take 6 months or longer. Depending on demand.

/ See a GC2410? #7  
Last Thursday I stopped by Northwood Power in Claremont, NH to get some parts-- they had at least six or eight 2300-series tractors (in addition to a number of larger ones) right there, both with & w/o backhoe. That was at only one of their four? five? showrooms....

/ See a GC2410? #8  
irvingj said:
Last Thursday I stopped by Northwood Power in Claremont, NH to get some parts-- they had at least six or eight 2300-series tractors (in addition to a number of larger ones) right there, both with & w/o backhoe. That was at only one of their four? five? showrooms....

Would those be used then?

/ See a GC2410? #9  
Oops...!! I meant 2400/2600 tractors!:ashamed:

/ See a GC2410?
Too bad, that's a loooong way from Yarnell, Az. (Even York county, PA)