Buying Advice Gc2600

/ Gc2600 #11  
I bought a 2610 before I discovered that it is the same as a 2410, and that the same motor is simply run a little faster to get more power. I have a 2010 model with 75 hours on it that is usually run slower than the rated speeds.:confused:

/ Gc2600
May sound dumb but what do you mean it usually runs slower than rated speeds? Why?

/ Gc2600 #13  
Apparently, they both use the same engine; the 2610 may or may not have other tweaks, but the it's "set" to be able to run at a slightly higher RPM to gain that extra hp. Rated PTO speeds (540/2000) are set at the higher RPM level.

Thing is, many of us who have GCs find that they'll do a more than adequate job at less than "full, rated hp/RPM." And use less fuel as a result. That's one of the biggest reasons I got the GC over the Kubota- they generally have to run at a higher RPM, as I understand it.

I'll sometimes run the MMM at 2000 RPM, but usually lower; only use 2000 with the snowblower if the snow's wet & deep; otherwise 1500-1800 is plenty. Backhoe/FEL work rarely takes more than a fast idle, unless I'm trying to pull a stump or lift something that's quite heavy.

You'll see when you visit my pal in Leeds--see PM.

/ Gc2600 #14  
The Massey Ferguson 2410 or 2610 can lift all four wheels off the ground with the tractor at an idle. We have a lot of customers with the GC models and very few are unhappy. The difference between the 2600 and the 2400 series is about $500.00. In operation there would be a noticeable difference in implements like a brush hog.

/ Gc2600 #15  
Hi, I had a 2006 with mmm and no fel
I just traded it against a tlb,kept my mmm
Very satisfied, excellent machine, nothing to say,very dependable and easy to service

/ Gc2600 #16  
Hi, I had a 2006 with mmm and no fel
I just traded it against a tlb,kept my mmm
Very satisfied, excellent machine, nothing to say,very dependable and easy to service

Pictures pictures and what did you buy?