Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    In market

Default Gc2600

I recently entered the market of scut. I've been trying to keep up on the threads but I'm not seeing many out there with gc2600 tractors. I liked it when I researched the tractor but now am having my doubts.
    If there are owners out there are you pleased? How old is yours and have you had any issues if you've a newer one??

You've heard my general opinion on your other thread but I will expand a little. If I remember correctly, you're in Maine? One of the things that drew me to the Massey was the dealer. They were very helpful, patient and let me spend a lot of time on the machines without any pressure to buy. They also gave me a good feeling about their service after the sale and so far they have been great. They sent their technician to my house (almost an hour drive) to take care of a warranty issue and fix something that I broke, free of charge. I didn't know anything about the dealer prior to my purchase, it was just a warm fuzzy gut feeling that I got when shopping and so far it's worked out.

There is a dealer in your area, Northwoods Power Equipment?, that I have heard good things about (when I say your area, i mean Maine, whether they are close to you remains to be seen). Unfortunately, when I started shopping they were too far away for me to check out. They have since opened a store in Mass that is pretty close but I haven't been in person yet. They have a demo program where they will deliver a tractor to you an let you try it out for a couple days. Seems like a nice service to be able to spend time on the machine on YOUR property to see how it fits/handles/maneuvers. They also appear to be a high volume dealer so they may do a little better on price, not sure though. I remember seeing someone on one of the forums mention that they made his first 3 payments for him to seal the deal.

As for the tractor, the few things I would change would be the addition of position control for the 3 point hitch and some added ground clearance (again relating to the 3 point hitch). I have some hilly areas in my yard where even at full height, my rake and box blade drag on the ground when I am going back and forth. From what I have heard on here, it's a fault of the sub-compacts since they use "garden tractor" sized tires. Massey just released a new tractor, the 1526, that addresses these issues without getting into a huge tractor. I have considered looking into upgrading, but I won't rush into that. The GC is a very capable machine and my issues with it are minor. On a whole, this tractor is great for how I use it and it more than meets my needs and expectations. I am just a typical "guy" and am now addicted to tractors, so, of course I want something bigger and more powerful.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    In market

Thanks chuck I appreciate it. As a newbe I'm trying to get feelers out everywhere and obtain as much info as possible before I commit.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Re: Gc2600

Not sure what info you are looking for that hasn't already been stated, but the 2400 and 2600 are the same machine...........only difference is the RPM's of the engine with a 'slight' horsepower increase.

I for one wouldn't trade my Massey for any of the others.

I've had mine for a little over a year now and I love it.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    2005 MF GC2310 TLB

It may also be that most (?) of those GCs are sold with the backhoe... i.e., the 2610 or 2410 series tractors.

See the thread concerning whether or not to get a backhoe with it!

Mine's the earlier 2310, and I still love it. VERY capable mower, snowblower is outstanding, and the FEL/BH has innumerable uses. Only serious/really annoying problem I've had was when the ground cable broke off; apparently it was just a bit too short to endure the vibrations of a diesel.
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles

Tractor
    MF GC2410

I would also spend the extra money on the backhoe.
    2010 MF GC2410 TLB, 2006 Husqvarna YTH 2448, 2004 Honda Rincon 650, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited-Hemi.

Tractor
    MF GC2410

Either one and you will not be disappointed-I live in the next town over from you-I think one of the salesman lives in the same town as Minot. I would go with the 2400 and use the money you save for an implament.
    2010 MF GC2410 TLB, 2006 Husqvarna YTH 2448, 2004 Honda Rincon 650, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750, 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited-Hemi.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    In market

Excellent advice thanks guys. On top of that I'm gatherin there ain't much between the 2400 and the 26!

Tractor
    2005 MF GC2310 TLB

A few tweaks to the same engine the 2300 and 2400 series uses allowed them to hit the "magic number"... (over 25hp). Perhaps largely a marketing decision?
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles

I have the 2400L. Had it since January. Hard not to smile when you do anything with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast