Gib Glofcheskie

Tractor
JD MF
Any Opinions on this tractor looking to buy a new one
Thanks
Gib

/ MF 1643 #3  
Hello & WELCOME to TBN!

I moved your thread to the Massey Ferguson Buying/Pricing Forum. :)

/ MF 1643 #4  
Any Opinions on this tractor looking to buy a new one
Thanks
Gib

Welcome to TBN. I've been looking at the 1600 series myself. Whether it suits your needs or not depends on what you're planning to use it for of course, the reviews section on this site has a few 1643 owners comments. They all seem very happy with their machines, the only thing mentioned is the strength of the loader (120), which again depends on what you plan to use the tractor for. The 1648 steps up to the 130 loader, which has greater lift capacity.

/ MF 1643 #5  
Well I love mine. I have had it for about 2 years now. Have about 70 hours on it without a problem. It is true the loader is a little weak, but I was moving huge boulders around. I am 5'7" and I do not have to reach for anything. I also like the power shuttle too.

/ MF 1643 #6  
I have a 2010 1643 and I would highly recommend it. I haven't had any issues at all. Sips fuel and has plenty of power. I think for the money, its a much better tractor than the JD or Kubota.

/ MF 1643 #7  
can't ask for a better unit of it's class, I have not had a problem with the lifting ability of the 120 loaderI do know that the 72" bucket is a big bucket along with the grapple mounts already on the bucket. but thats what you get with the skid steer bucket. but then I like the red color better than pumpkin orange or the color clash of yellow and green.:laughing: I know I'm going to catch **** for saying that:confused2::ashamed:

/ MF 1643 #8  
We have a 1635 Powershuttle(Same tractor, but three cylinder...) And have 230 Hours on it. Has not let us down. No loader, but do have 3PT forks.

Love the tractor. Get a block heater if you live in a colder climate.

/ MF 1643 #9  
I have a 1643 (one year old tractor) with approximatley 150 hours on it. I can't say that mine has been trouble free. However, my dealer has stepped up to the plate and fixed any problem that I've had, so far.

Get the skid steer bucket. I tried to save some cash and went with the MF standard bucket, pretty much junk. The MF bucket is extremely light duty and the tractor can easily out work the bucket. The MF bucket on my 1240 was matched much better to the tractor.

Overall, the 1643 is a pretty good tractor. Even with the issues that I've had, I would still buy it again. Maybe, I would have gone a little bigger?