Comparison Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson?

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #11  
What really sold me was the test drive, the engine running at lower rpm compared to the most other scut's. The dealer was the next choice and the third choice was the 0% finance offer for 72 months. Oh, and did I meantion the test drive? I am not brand specific and if I ever replace my GC2410 I'll start the whole process over again. The one new feature tractors are coming out with that I like is the grease zerk locations. John Deere and Kubota (backhoe only) have the zerks at the end of the pin so you doint have to fight dirt and move the equipment around in order to grease. I wonder if we have the option to install the same pins on out MF?

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #12  
irvingj said:
Same as others, I guess... when it came to sub-compacts, the MF GC-series seemed much more heavily built than the competition available at the time (2007). Engine was a tad larger, developed full HP at a lower RPM, hydraulics very strong. The GC also came WITH the 3PH parts.

One of the more important considerations was the dealer, of course, and I haven't been diappointed yet. Final kicker was the 0%, which made total cost less than Kubota's BX. (Almost paid for now!!:D)

If I were looking now, I'd take a second look at the New Holland SCUTs; they seem to have improved them quite a bit over what they had in '07 (and I see my dealer, Northwood Power, carries them now).

Ulimately...? Guess I'm partial to red, too!:laughing:

I originally started tractor shopping because I found out I get an employee discount on the NH tractors. Seemed like a no brainer. I ended up with the Massey. :) I was also disappointed to find out that the NH were going to be rebranded Korean tractors. At least the scuts and cuts. I had opportunity to buy one of the last Japanese models and still didn't. I was concerned about parts since NH had a falling out with the mfg.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #13  
I have a 1423 that i got back in 2005, an at one point i'm like to get a 1526 an trade the 1423 in. Reason i choose massey, its a rugged tractor.:D

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #14  
I ended up with with a MF 1532 and am very happy. I looked at them all and ask friends how their tractors have peformed for them. My brother-in-law's new Kobota was at the dealership split in half with a failed shifter fork and waiting on a new redesigned one. My Boss's JD with 300 hours on it was at the shop split in half with a bad bearing in the transmission. Plus when I went to the JD dealer 3 different times they never waited on me (James River). I looked at the Bobcats but a white tractor? JK. The MF had the best PTO HP (gear trasns) of them all for the size I was looking at, 0% for 72 months, and a great dealer. I had also used MF 135's and 185's in the past with no problems so it was red for me. 2 years now and no problems at all and it does everything I have ask of it.

Jim

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson?
Thanks for the input! After a lot of researching we ended up buying the MF 1529; it's being delivered today!

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #16  
try not to have too much fun, seat time is habit forming, and can lead to divorce! no just kidding, but if it did, the other half would take the tractor.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #17  
I ended up with with a MF 1532 and am very happy. I looked at them all and ask friends how their tractors have peformed for them. My brother-in-law's new Kobota was at the dealership split in half with a failed shifter fork and waiting on a new redesigned one. My Boss's JD with 300 hours on it was at the shop split in half with a bad bearing in the transmission. Plus when I went to the JD dealer 3 different times they never waited on me (James River). I looked at the Bobcats but a white tractor? JK. The MF had the best PTO HP (gear trasns) of them all for the size I was looking at, 0% for 72 months, and a great dealer. I had also used MF 135's and 185's in the past with no problems so it was red for me. 2 years now and no problems at all and it does everything I have ask of it.

Jim

This post sounds just like my 1532 shopping experience ....

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #18  
Thanks for the input! After a lot of researching we ended up buying the MF 1529; it's being delivered today!

Congratulations , I think you will be very happy with it :thumbsup:

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #19  
Family tradition. My father and grandfather owned Masseys and always swore by them. I've owned 2 and haven't had problem with either. Unlike green tractors they are reasonably priced. My 231s utility tractor cost me $11,000.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #20  
I have a GC2610TLB. I chose it over the Deere because of price, and over the Kabota because of the loader capacity (which I wish was higher still). I passed on the Bobcat because I felt the price was too high for the country of origin and the hoe was an attachment, not part of the tractor.