Comparison Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson?

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #21  
Having owned Ford, John Deere and Massey Ferguson tractors, I prefer red. Both former owned brands are good equipment, just really like the Perkins engines, and ruggedness of the Massey. Last Massey I had for 17 years and only had one minor problem with it. Current tractor 5 years and no problems yet.

It doesn't hurt that the Massey dealer we have in this area bends over backwards to keep his customers happy.

Hope you have the same good luck I've had with you new purchase.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #22  
I'll be buying a tractor in the next couple of weeks. I think I've nailed down the size I want/need, but now I need to figure out which brand to buy.

I have a Massey Ferguson real close by, so I naturally went there to look at tractors. But, there are (as you all know!!) several big name brands to choose from.

Do you have specific reasons you went with Massey Ferguson over another brand? I'm currently looking at a 1529, the primary use at this point will be snow removal. Thoughts??

Ever hear that saying about realty "location location location"? That was my major purchasing point because in my area of south central Ky there is a MF dealer in every town nearly. Not to mention after reading articles, talking to 80 year old farmers, and checking on prices of parts the same thing kept coming up...Perkins Diesel...I looked around a lot and there is a huge used market of good dependable not worn out junk tractors in my area. The hardest to negotiate over is the MF because the quality in the name is a strong selling point.:thumbsup: I am not sure of trade in value down the road but if its anything like passenger vehicles that makes a huge difference.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #23  
Built like a tank and extremely stable. :thumbsup:

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #24  
I have had about 7 MF and 4 John Deere utility tractors. A couple Fords too. Luckily all have had great engines and robust construction. The Perkins diesel is definitely superb and the MF hydraulics outshine the JD and Ford machines I have owned.......and I have always admired Harry Ferguson's commitment to the design concepts of the three point mount. Someday I hope to buy a new MF tractor but my current ones wont die!

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #25  
The Perkins diesel is definitely superb and the MF hydraulics outshine the JD and Ford machines I have owned.......and I have always admired Harry Ferguson's commitment to the design concepts of the three point mount. Someday I hope to buy a new MF tractor but my current ones wont die!

Although I have the Continental gas in my 135, I'm with you on the hard to buy a new one when the one I've got keeps doing everything it's asked to do.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #26  
My wife told me that we needed to have the driveway worked on. She got an estimate from a "friend". He wanted $15,000 which I thought was about 10 times what it should be. So I started looking at tractors. I always liked Massey Ferguson but knew relatively nothing about them. After reading here I settled on the perkins diesel. So now I have a Massey Ferguson 245, a good driveway, and a best old ex "friend". My estimate was too high, it took me about 3 hours to fix the drive. It was important to get it right, we get 62 inches of rain a year here. Now I am finding all the other things you can do with a tractor. I am looking forward to clearing snow and reclaiming my sisters garden.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #27  
Congrats on your new MF 1529. You'll love it for snow removal also. I was dead set on a Deere 2720 until I drove the MF1529. I liked the armrests on the Massey (no armrests on the Deere) and the loader lever felt smoother. The Massey had a metal hood vs the plastic. The MF came with a grill guard, side step, and light guards on the ROPS where all this was extra $ on the Deere. I THINK the loader on the Massey had more lift capacity than the 2720 also. I feel I got a little more tractor for less cash. The Massey dealer threw in an engine block heater and first 50hr service free to seal the deal. I've been very happy with the choice.

IMG_20110731_204311-1.jpg

IMG00342.jpg

02022011017.jpg

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #28  
I tried to buy a MF, but the local & area dealers thought they had gold on their lots and that it was incumbent upon me to not pester them with questions about their product. I have never been so "unwelcomed". Visited a NH dealer and it was just the opposite and now I have a NH product. I think the dealer is the key and that price and color is secondary.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #29  
My RED dealer is the best, he steers me in the right direction every time, can't say enough good about my dealer, long live MF !!!!:laughing:

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #30  
After seeing my father-in-law beat the snot out of his Massey 35 and 135 tractors and they both kept going strong, it was a no brainer.