Comparison Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson?

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #1  

UpOnAHill

I'll be buying a tractor in the next couple of weeks. I think I've nailed down the size I want/need, but now I need to figure out which brand to buy.

I have a Massey Ferguson real close by, so I naturally went there to look at tractors. But, there are (as you all know!!) several big name brands to choose from.

Do you have specific reasons you went with Massey Ferguson over another brand? I'm currently looking at a 1529, the primary use at this point will be snow removal. Thoughts??

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #2  
UpOnAHill said:
I'll be buying a tractor in the next couple of weeks. I think I've nailed down the size I want/need, but now I need to figure out which brand to buy.

I have a Massey Ferguson real close by, so I naturally went there to look at tractors. But, there are (as you all know!!) several big name brands to choose from.

Do you have specific reasons you went with Massey Ferguson over another brand? I'm currently looking at a 1529, the primary use at this point will be snow removal. Thoughts??

Simple, the product, dealer with in 15 minutes, heavy well built unit, awesome warranty, and the deep Canadian Roots.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #3  
I bought my 1529 because after comparing comparable sized tractors from 3 other major brands that are all close by geographically, the M/F provided the best bang for the buck. I had never owned a tractor before other than small lawn tractors, so I began my research with an open mind and the M/F was the best choice for me when all things were considered. I don't believe you can too far wrong though with any of the major brands, it's a pretty competitive industry, so regardless whether you go with M/F, JD, Kubota, Kioti, NH, Bobcat, you will be alright. One that I hadn't looked at when I bought mine and if I had to do it over again would be the Bobcat, I may not buy one, but I would certainly give it a good look. Hope that helps.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #5  
If I wanted to brag about wearing a green hat, I would have puchased green.

If I wanted to go with the popular, most common color, I would have bought orange.

But after comparing colors and not moved by the above, I purchased the unit that felt the strongest built and most bang for my dollar, I decided and am not sorry I picked Massey Red. :thumbsup:

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #6  
Bought my 1532 after months of looking . Features , fit and finish , price , warranty , dealer . No regrets , a pleasure to use .:thumbsup:

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #7  
I was pretty open minded when shopping. Didn't even look at Massey till last. Seemed like the best tractor to me. Haven't been disappointed yet.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #8  
I live in the heart of tractor country, and I'm surrounded with all the brands.
In the late 60's and 70's we had jd 4010, loved the thing, we had a massey 185 The 2 were the best I thought, and the 5 dealerships here are the same as when I was a kid. but as an adult and went shopping for my own tractor.
I found that the massey name fit and finish was far above the others. the repair expence are close to the same, but when I got into my search, I thought the japanese power plant was superior over the chinese and I was right. What really scares the bejesus out of me, I was looking at farmtrac first. I was going to save a pant load of $$$, Till I did my research right here.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #9  
MY CFO (wife) said I couldn't buy one........so I did!!! LOL PS Being in the dog house isn't so bad if you have a tractor to "play" with.

/ Why did you ultimately choose a Massey Ferguson? #10  
Same as others, I guess... when it came to sub-compacts, the MF GC-series seemed much more heavily built than the competition available at the time (2007). Engine was a tad larger, developed full HP at a lower RPM, hydraulics very strong. The GC also came WITH the 3PH parts.

One of the more important considerations was the dealer, of course, and I haven't been diappointed yet. Final kicker was the 0%, which made total cost less than Kubota's BX. (Almost paid for now!!:D)

If I were looking now, I'd take a second look at the New Holland SCUTs; they seem to have improved them quite a bit over what they had in '07 (and I see my dealer, Northwood Power, carries them now).

Ulimately...? Guess I'm partial to red, too!:laughing: