Pricing on 1648 and 1652 Cab Dyna-Qps

/ Pricing on 1648 and 1652 Cab Dyna-Qps #1  

Mike_VT

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4740 HSTC
Hi all, I am a long-time Massey fan my last massey was a 1240 (several years ago) with the syncro shuttle transmission. When ACGO killed all the small dealers in VT it was impossible to get service and parts, so at that time I bought a Kubota GST L4330 with a woods BH 9000. Because I am not getting any younger and do alot of snow removal (well not this year) I wanted a cab tractor. Not wanting to have to go the through the alomost 10k of expense to get a new backhoe for a new machine I stuck with the Kubota brand and purchased a L4740 HSTC with all the bells and whistles, just about 40k.

Well, I really do not like the hydro tranny, I find it difficult to always be pressing the pedals, espesially going backwards and it seems a waste to always have the rps at 2000 plus. So I am back were I started before I made the switch to a the kubota cab. I want to buy either the 1648 or 1652 w/ the dyna qps. The machine would need quick attach bucket, two sets of rear remotes, heavy duty bucket with cutting edge, loaded tires, front set of hydro couplers run from the back or the machine to the loader for a grapple.

What are the machines going for these days. I don't want to take a complete bath so i am considering this option. Thanks for your help! Mike

/ Pricing on 1648 and 1652 Cab Dyna-Qps #2  
If the only problem with the Kubota is having to hold pressure on the Hydro pedal when going forward or backward why not use the cruise control? When you need to stop, either manually disengage the cruise or step on the brake pedal. You could also disengage other feature and operate the machine at idle if so desired.

/ Pricing on 1648 and 1652 Cab Dyna-Qps
cruise does not work in reverse. thanks

/ Pricing on 1648 and 1652 Cab Dyna-Qps #4  
Mike

We ended up with a 1652 without cab and power shuttle. Id id get the quick attach (best money I spent) and a rear single hydr. MF had 3k off if you paid cash so the numbers geta little fuzzy but I remember the best I could find was MSRP less 3k less another 1k because it wasn't in stock. I don't want to say an exact number in case I remember wrong but that was the general formula. I used the MF Build a Tractor function to get MSRP.

The 1652 is great tractor and wish we could justify the cab.

/ Pricing on 1648 and 1652 Cab Dyna-Qps #5  
I have the 1648 Cab 4X4 w/DynaQPS FEL quick attack bucket and one set of rear hydro's for 32,000.00 out the door. No tax here in TN for farm equipment and with tax exempt ID.

Thanks. I am hoping to be in the 35 - 36k range. Mike

/ Pricing on 1648 and 1652 Cab Dyna-Qps #7  
Sounds about right

Good luck

/ Pricing on 1648 and 1652 Cab Dyna-Qps #8  
1652 with cab, Dyna QPS transmission, one rear remote and hydraulic lines plumbed to the front of the loader for a snow plow and loaded rear tires with Rimguard;

$38,950.00

Purchased from Northwood Power Equipment.

Thanks, I talked with them yesterday. They only have a 1648 with the Dyna option and I would like the 52. If I end up buying from them I will also be having them modifying a woods subframe from a 15 series tractor. Right now we are a bit north of your price for the 1648. This pricing includes two rear remotes and one plumbed upfront, 72" hd bucket with cutting edge and loaded R4s.

How has your bucket held up? I know it says hd but it is a seem a little on the light side compared to my current Kubota set up. Also would you mind snapping a pic of you the did the fron remotes.

Thanks for the help mike

/ Pricing on 1648 and 1652 Cab Dyna-Qps #10  
Mike,

The HD bucket has held up fine. The cutting edge is very adequet but the top of the bucket is a little weak. I've bent the rolled over part a few times picking up rocks. I'll admit the rocks I was picking up were way over sized for this tractor, but it's held up to being abused.

The front remotes are just a couple hydraulic lines I had run under the tractor from the rear remote to a couple quick connects attached to a welded plate on the loader frame. I use the rear remote lever to operate the snow plow angle.(I have a Green's Machine grapple I plan to hook up this way as well) It's dark now, but next chance I get, I'll snap some pics for you.