Looking for Massey MF1020 parts.

/ Looking for Massey MF1020 parts. #1  

Marcellin

Tractor
JD 2140, NH TS100A, Massey MF1020, Freightliner FLD120 Serie 60, VW Golf TDI, Dodge Sprinter, Dodge Ram 5.9L & 6.7L
Hi everyone,
I had to do some repairs on my MF1020 4x4 tractor. Having the front wheels apart, I am looking for a few parts to be able to get it back together. Anyone know where to find parts for this tractor. The parts I need are discontinued according to the Massey (Agco)dealers. Any of these parts laying around somewhere?

Here are the parts I am looking for.
# 3281354M2 or (72099100) kingpin seal
# 3281353M1 thrust bearing
# 3284254M1 tie rod end RH
:confused:

/ Looking for Massey MF1020 parts. #2  
You can check some salvage yards. I know there is one at West Kentucky tractor parts.

/ Looking for Massey MF1020 parts.
Thank's, I will give them a try. Oil seals are rarely good when they get dismantled off a piece of used equipement, but I guess I haven't got much of a choice. It's either that or nothing.
I might end up fabricating something on the lathe, to make a more standard seal fit.
Regards,

/ Looking for Massey MF1020 parts. #4  
Did you ever find that king pin seal? I am having the same problem. I also have a MF 4wd 1020 and messed up the seal getting it out.
Did you fabricate one?
Cheers

I ended up fabricating some. You could get something made yourself at a local machine shop. What I did is, I made a ring out of brass the same dimension as the seal. I made a groove on each side of the ring to hold an o-ring. Having an o-ring on each rubbing surface acts as a seal. It has been working just fine since I put it back together. Sorry I didn't make a blue print, it would have made it easier for you.
Hope this advice helps.
These tractors are fantastic, till you have to start looking for parts.
Good luck !

/ Looking for Massey MF1020 parts. #6  
Thanks for the idea. I am trying to picture where the 'O' rings go. One around the circumference and one imbedded in the top.
??

If I remember right, you need an o-ring on the top surface and another on the inside. In other words, if you have a brass ring in the same dimensions as the seal, if you lay it flat on your workbench, you should have a groove for an o-ring, on the top surface and another one on the inside surface of your brass ring to seal against the kingpin.

/ Looking for Massey MF1020 parts. #8  
If I remember right, you need an o-ring on the top surface and another on the inside. In other words, if you have a brass ring in the same dimensions as the seal, if you lay it flat on your workbench, you should have a groove for an o-ring, on the top surface and another one on the inside surface of your brass ring to seal against the kingpin.

Thanks I can picture what needs to be done. this is my 1st tractor and 1st time ever tearing into one. your description really helps.
I have located the seal in China, but have had no replies to my inquiries as yet. My fingers are crossed.
thanks again for your help!

I hope you solve your problem. To my experience with ordering from China, they normally answer, but takes a few days to a week.
Regards.

/ Looking for Massey MF1020 parts. #10  
thanks again. How do you usually pay when ordering from China?