MF 2635

/ MF 2635
I have a new McCormick dealer 15 miles from me, he's real horrible type salesman, no pressure, threw the keys to me, said have fun out back with the demo.:thumbsup:. Explained everything I had questions about, showed me around the shop, met the mechanics. Best prices around, would have bought the X55 right then if I was ready.:D. Now the Massey dealer is a true farm store, sales guy doesn't even get excited it seems about a tractor sale under 50 grand. Lucky for me the Massey was at the "real farm dealer". Oh, the McCormick dealer called me today, said he had the model in exactly how I wanted it, just finished prep, told me to call him if I couldn't be in during regular business hours, he would be more than happy to meet me when it was convient for me if I was interested still. Cab, shuttle shift, and $4000 cheaper, nice looking tractor, looks like fit and finish are on par with the Massey. Either one fills my needs, and the Cab is looking quite nice. But the McCormick dealer really seems to care about the small customer. That really starting to sway me.

/ MF 2635
I really should buy a McCormick - I always wondered if they would give me a discount since I have the same last name :D

There are not many McCormick dealers in the area I live.

If you can get a chance, you should, I'm starting to convert, but still staying "Red". :thumbsup:

/ MF 2635 #13  
I looked over the McCormick range but there doesn't seem to be a direct competitor to the 2635 power wise, they have cab standard on the X10.75 as well as a shuttle transmission, so the price is likely a lot more than a no-frills 2635.

If you do get the McC let us know and post some pics, their website is light on content.

/ MF 2635
Will do, thats why I'm kind of on the fence. For me, I could get by with a small Kubota, but I want height and weight on the FEL, so must have the larger tractor. Just looking at them they seem well put together. Ran the X10.55 today, very nice, didn't realize how much noise was blocked until I ran the open station yesterday. It was cold and windy today, nice and toasty in the cab, for the price getting a cab and seems to be a good trade off for the power of the Massey, for my uses.

/ MF 2635 #15  
Well, after some review and a test drive my 2635 should be ready for delivery soon. Got it decked out with:

- DL250 loader
- R1 tires, loaded rears
- 8x8 shuttle
- 1 rear remote
- metal canopy
- 72" quick attach skid steer bucket with 3 welded hooks
- 42" quick attach skid steer pallet fork
- post hole digger

Should be ready for the end of the week. After reviewing the specs this is a big upgrade from my 1533L.

/ MF 2635 #16  
Would you be using the 0% for 72 months or paying cash. There is a big price differance.

/ MF 2635 #17  
Would you be using the 0% for 72 months or paying cash. There is a big price differance.

I guess you could consider it paying cash, yes. There was a ~$4000 difference, and this way I can write off the interest payments so it was a no brainer.

/ MF 2635
I'll be looking forward to some pics of it, you bought the stuff that I'm planning on. What pto type did you go with?

/ MF 2635 #19  
I guess you could consider it paying cash, yes. There was a ~$4000 difference, and this way I can write off the interest payments so it was a no brainer.

Congrats on your new tractor. Hope you have many great hrs on it.

/ MF 2635 #20  
I'll be looking forward to some pics of it, you bought the stuff that I'm planning on. What pto type did you go with?

Independent. Basically it's exact same setup as my current 1533, just that the shift levers for the H/L and gear are in the middle of the frame.