MF 2635

/ MF 2635 #31  
Hi guys,

Thought I would provide an update on the 2635. I had it for nearly a year, and due a need for some more equipment (ie another tractor, smaller) I had to get rid of it to make some space for another one. I had known I was going to be getting rid of it for a couple months now, but since then I have run into a few more issues with it, some minor, one pretty major. It will be good to hear from other 2635 owners as well.

Some minor issues - as things froze up, so did the parking brake cables. Water can get into the cable assembly and freeze, rendering the parking brake stuck. This happen even with the canopy on, which should divert most of the direct water. However it could have also come from power washing, and the water sitting in there. I never got a chance to deal with it.

Major issues - A couple weeks ago I started up the tractor one morning to let it warm up. Went into the office for 10 minutes, came out, tractor wasn't running. WTH? Tried starting, couldn't get it going. After having the tech look at it, they diagnosed it as a faulty starter, and replaced it under warranty. Fine.

A couple weeks ago before the starter went, some oil was spewing out the exhaust, enough to drip down and cause a bit of a mess. There was also quite a bit of dark smoke when on the throttle, WAY more then normal. At that point I shut the tractor down and gave it a break. Next day it seemed to work fine, normal color out the exhaust, no oil.

Fast forward a couple weeks, I take the tractor out (after 10 minute warm up) to plow and as I'm going down the driveway oil is spewing from the exhaust, and not just a little. It was all over my leg, my face and the tractor. Park it and call the service guy. Pokes around a bit, says "bad turbo, needs to be replaced".

So, in a year, an alternator, starter and turbo have gone. Not good. Thankfully it's still under warranty, and will be for whomever buys it for another year. I'm not sure what a turbo replacement costs, going to try and find out though. The installation is simple, it's not like they need to split the tractor or anything, it's just 4 bolts.

Anyways, that's the update. It is a great tractor, just having these issues is not good for the long term viability of ownership outside of warranty. As I said, it would be good to hear from others on their experiences.

I replaced the 2635 with a 390 - great tractor. This one needs a ton of TLC but the bones are solid. It has a 4 cylinder Perkins, naturally aspirated, makes 80hp. Made in England. I'll post up some pics when I take some.

/ MF 2635 #33  
They don't make them like they used to. :confused2:

That series is built in India, not sure I would ever buy one. The 4600 series would be a great alternative. Built in Japan by Iseki, with a SISU engine, or a 5600 :) .

Last edited:
   / MF 2635
How many hours did you have on it when the turbo went? Seems like a year iskinda quick.

/ MF 2635 #36  
That series is built in India, not sure I would ever buy one. The 4600 series would be a great alternative. Built in Japan by Iseki, with a SISU engine, or a 5600 :) .

I believe that the 2600 series is built in Brasil.

I'll check my 2635 later today.

SDT

/ MF 2635 #38  
I believe that the 2600 series is built in Brasil.

I'll check my 2635 later today.

SDT
The 2600HD is built in Brazil, and are being replaced by the 4600 series. The 2600 series is India built, and I often wonder if they will add more models to the 4600 and discontinue the India built tractors.

/ MF 2635 #39  
I'm fixing to push the button on a 2013 2635 4x4 with loader . Am I messing up