MF 2635

/ MF 2635 #41  
Went and drove it today, loved the power and simple layout. Very smooth loader operation. My quote was $35,000 US with one remote and loaded rear tires and live pto. The McCormick X55 with cab and 2 remotes was 31,000. Might have go with the McCormick, but the Massey still has my eye. I really love the simple rugged look. Also turning only 1750 rpm to run bush hog is nice to. Only down side was the rops pins rattled at idle, loud it seemed to me, just have to tape them I guess.

You can do better on price.

I bought one last fall. I paid about $31,000 with MF FEL and grill guard, HD material bucket, 4 rear weights, front weight bracket with 6 weights and dual remotes (4 couplings). I've since added a third function system to the loader and arm rests but these options are not included in the original purchase price.

There is a dealer in IN that has had one for over a year and has the advertised price down to $28,000 with FEL and industrial tires. It has about 70 hours on it and is advertised as a demo unit.

SDT

/ MF 2635
How do like after this time? Any thing you don't care for?

/ MF 2635 #43  
How do like after this time? Any thing you don't care for?

I've not used it enough yet to offer much useful feedback but will soon do so.

It definitely needs a step on the right side as well as the left but such is not available. I added a fender handle to the right fender as it was not equipped with one.

SDT

/ MF 2635
Was looking at this old post and thought I'd give a update. I didn't buy a new tractor yet, making due with the AC 170 and a Ford 3400 with a loader. Just a matter of time till I can get one, timing is terrible since price keeps going up with the emission changes. Now I think about JD 5E series or the Massey Fergueson 4600 Series. Both have just enough special features to make it hard to choose. Started doing hay this year, can tell it hard on the old iron, hearing new squeaks and seeing new seeps. Have to decide which tractor after I see how the hay business pans out. You guys that bought the MF2635, any thoughts of that you didn't get the right tractor?

/ MF 2635 #45  
I've used the 2635 more since my last post. As previously stated, it's a basic, no frills machine without many of the modern bells and whistles, and is priced accordingly. It is also considerably heavier than its competition.

The ergonomics have been improved somewhat on the 2013 machines. The main transmissioin shifter has been moved from the top of the transmissioin to a position near the right fender (and FEL control) much like more modern designs. The range shifter has also been moved from the top of the transmission to the left side in front of and beneath the PTO control. This is a significant improvement. I do not know how 2013 prices have changed.

It appears that MF listened to part of my buyer's feedpack as they added a small welded on treadplate pedal to the foot throttle as well. Pre 2013 models were equipped simply with a bent 3/8" rod that was difficult to modulate and marginally useful. I bought the new design pedal ($28) for my 2012 model, installed, and it is a significant improvement. The tractor still needs a hand hold on the right fender (I added one to mine) and desperatly needs a foot stop on the right side.

Though I've had few issues with my MF dealer, MF/AGCO has not treated me well regarding the 2635 (nor with the 2007, 533), and I will not buy another MF.

SDT

/ MF 2635
the tractor itself, would you buy it again, or look for a different tractor?

/ MF 2635 #47  
the tractor itself, would you buy it again, or look for a different tractor?

There are things that I like about the 2635 but my treatment by AGCO (more than once) will prevent me from buying from them again.

My next one will be a Kubota or, perhaps, NH.

SDT

/ MF 2635 #48  
Anyone else have something to say about this specific model MF 2635.
I'm seriously considering buying one...wanted a 2625 but sadly, it's no longer available.
I have a quote for 2635 4x4,shuttle 8/8 trans.,ind. pto,1 remote valve, loader with HD bucket and rear wheel weights for 38000$...in Canada.
So anyone with experience with this model...please share your thoughts !
Thanks ! Black

/ MF 2635
Might want to check out the 4600 series, I think it's a lot better design for the extra $$. Also compare the 5 series Deere. Two things to consider about these that are better in my opinion is the turning radius is tighter than the MF 2635, due to a different front axle and the shuttle shift transmission. The MF 4600 series is two range six speed syncoinze while the JD is 3 range 4 speed syncoinze.

/ MF 2635 #50  
Might want to check out the 4600 series, I think it's a lot better design for the extra $$. Also compare the 5 series Deere. Two things to consider about these that are better in my opinion is the turning radius is tighter than the MF 2635, due to a different front axle and the shuttle shift transmission. The MF 4600 series is two range six speed syncoinze while the JD is 3 range 4 speed syncoinze.

I have started looking at new tractors just this week and spoke to a Massey and JD dealer. My needs are to have a heavy enough tractor to easily handle large round bales with both the loader and three point. Second would be front wheel assist and last a cab. I figure if I'm going to spend this kind of money on a new tractor, I may as well go the whole way and have a cab. The new 1700 Massey series replaces the 1600 series and would be on the lower end of the size requirement even with the 1759 but may be adequate. The 2635 is not available with a cab but looks like the perfect size. Moving up to the 4600 series with a cab and loader added puts it above my price range and seems a little overkill for my needs. The JD 5055E seems to be a good fit size wise and price wise so far but I need more info. Started looking at a New Holland 4020 but so far it looks similar in size and price as the 4600 Massey. I'm looking for a dealer with a JD 5055E. I will be visiting a New Holland dealer tomorrow to see if they have anything that meets my requirements that I am missing on line. New Holland from what I have seen on line seems to have a gap in their line from the compacts to the 4000 series available with cabs.

namyessam