MF 2635

/ MF 2635
I like the JD 5 series a lot. I want the cab also, but that adds a $$$$ to the price, which for me could go to a higher hp or nicer open station. When moving round bales, get the quick attach bale spear and you don't require as much loader as a clamp on, let alone the visibility issues. My needs for a tractor is to run a discbine and round baler.

/ MF 2635
Also for me , I have to run the road between hay fields, that's why the MF 4600 really shines with the 6 speed two speed range. Shifts just like a truck through the range, must stop for range change.

/ MF 2635 #53  
Anyone else have something to say about this specific model MF 2635.
I'm seriously considering buying one...wanted a 2625 but sadly, it's no longer available.
I have a quote for 2635 4x4,shuttle 8/8 trans.,ind. pto,1 remote valve, loader with HD bucket and rear wheel weights for 38000$...in Canada.
So anyone with experience with this model...please share your thoughts !
Thanks ! Black

See my posts above.

Though prices have increased in the past year and incentives are not as good as when I bought mine, you should still be able to do better on price (US. Not sure about Canada).

SDT

/ MF 2635 #54  
Anyone else have something to say about this specific model MF 2635.
I'm seriously considering buying one...wanted a 2625 but sadly, it's no longer available.
I have a quote for 2635 4x4,shuttle 8/8 trans.,ind. pto,1 remote valve, loader with HD bucket and rear wheel weights for 38000$...in Canada.
So anyone with experience with this model...please share your thoughts !
Thanks ! Black

I still have mine and am actively using it to feed the cows, get firewood and plow, although it is technically 'for sale'. So far since fixing the turbo it hasn't given me any issues. Exact same config as that above.

After using the MF 390, which is a lot bigger tractor, I love the size of the 2635 - not too big not too small - visibility is very good for all operations, and I use it for plowing in the winter - been great plow machine so far this winter. The 390 is just 'too big' in some respects with an extra 12" on the bucket too boot and alot of my plowing customers have close quarters work which makes me edgy in a bigger tractor. Last year I nicked a fellows mailbox with the 390 loader bucket which sucked. When you nick something like a mailbox, it means getting a new one :laughing:

/ MF 2635 #55  
Pricing wise, $38k seems to be around MSRP for those options, maybe $1k less than the MF quote from their site. There doesn't seem to be much incentive in Canada, and things seem to be way cheaper down south by the time you sign on the dotted line.

I paid $38,500 for mine in March 2012.

/ MF 2635 #56  
Hey there,
I finally settled for a new platform MF 4608, 12/12 power shuttle, 2 sets of remotes, extendable lower links,MF DL250 loader with SSQA 72" HD bucket, 48" pallet fork and 2 back working lights.
For a little extra $,(41 000$ vs 38500$) it is a much tougher, well built tractor in Japan.
I test drive them both...preferred the 4608 and the extras for the small $ difference & almost same hp (80 vs 75) and pto hp (63 vs 60), hydraulic powershuttle is a big + , compare to mechanical.
BLACK

/ MF 2635 #57  
Hey there,
I finally settled for a new platform MF 4608, 12/12 power shuttle, 2 sets of remotes, extendable lower links,MF DL250 loader with SSQA 72" HD bucket, 48" pallet fork and 2 back working lights.
For a little extra $,(41 000$ vs 38500$) it is a much tougher, well built tractor in Japan.
I test drive them both...preferred the 4608 and the extras for the small $ difference & almost same hp (80 vs 75) and pto hp (63 vs 60), hydraulic powershuttle is a big + , compare to mechanical.
BLACK

Congrats, I think you made the right decision. Which dealer did you work with?

I think the 4608 is a far better tractor. Haven't used one but looked a cab model yesterday. Very nice tractor and I think Iseki quality is top notch as my ex-1533 and current 1528 are both Iseki. How's the loader hydraulic pressure? I find the 2635 downright anemic for loader work these days. And I am not fond of the mechanical shuttle at all.

Also, the PCV valve went on my 2635, which resulted in oil spewing out the stack. Another trip to the dealer for fix. Still under warranty though.. until mid-March. Looking to trade up to a cab 583 or if I get my way a new 4608.

/ MF 2635
Congrats on the 4608, I think its a good all round tractor. Let us know how you like it if you would. I see in your sig. you have a GC, thats a nice combo you have.

/ MF 2635 #59  
Thanks.
Not to many hours on it just yet...around 20 , mainly on snowblower and FEL to push snow.
Like it a lot , powerful and the hydraulics on the FEL are pretty strong compare to y former MF 1455.
Black

/ MF 2635 #60  
I just got my 2635 back from service. It started spewing oil out the stack again last week, but this time it was the PCV valve and not the turbo. Covered under warranty. New battery installed as well.

They also adjusted the loader hydraulics there must have been something slowing it down, seems better now, but not anywhere near as fast as the 390.