MF 2635

/ MF 2635 #1  

catskinner

Silver Member
Tractor
AC 170
I drove by the Massey dealer and they had this model out front, I think someone built my dream tractor. Simple and powerful, the controls all laid out well. Has anybody else looked at this model? Anything someone else saw that would be a negative? This model will more than likely find a home in my barn soon.:thumbsup:

/ MF 2635 #2  
That model is a lot nicer than it's smaller brothers the 2615 & 2605. The 2635 has a turbo & runs much quieter than the smaller models. Also the platform is smoother and as you sit higher it gives a little more visibility. The ground level fueling is nice too.

The earlier 2600's had some quality control issues, but the newer ones are much better. I think the 2635 is a nice little utility tractor.

/ MF 2635
Thanks for the input, I really like fuel handling at ground level. Soon as the weather warms up I'll go over and try it out. I was interested in a Kubota mx5100 but I like the Massey alot. For now, I'll be reading all the views that I can. Seems that the MF 2615 doesn't rate as high to some owners. I've been looking for about a year now, and this one has met most of my requirements.

/ MF 2635 #4  
That's the one thing M-F needs to come up with is a ground level fuel tank.
On the 1600 series, Maybe they will some day.
david

/ MF 2635
Before I saw the 2635 I was leaning toward the 1600 series. If it had the lower fuel fill, I'd still be looking at them. It is a big deal to me, hate dealing with the lifting anymore. I would like to see the rear control levers for the 3pt like Koiti has, but otherwise everything else is great so far. Can't wait to test run it.

/ MF 2635 #6  
I was looking at a 1600 series before the dealer recommended I take a closer look at the 2600 tractors since my farming operation was starting to expand and my current 1533 I have almost outgrown. In short, the biggest difference is that the 2600 are more entry level ag/farming tractors whereas the 1500/1600 are still compact utility class and not as forgiving when it comes to doing work using ground engaging implements. Not to say you can't do these things with them, just that the 2600 is built more like an ag tractor, for real farming work. The configuration is more like a old-school tractor, with the 8x2 shifting in the center of the driveline between your feet, shuttle shift is an option which is standard on the compacts. Same thing with live PTO.

The 2635 is a real beast though, with DL250 loader it weighs 7000lb and can lift 2900 lb. With this tractor I should be able to do ALOT more then I can currently, ie plowing, seeding, run a small square baler, not get stuck in the mud...

Dealer said that they move about 3-4 of the 2600's a year and naturally a lot more of the 1500/1600. But those who had them were happy.

Other reason why I was going to the 1600 is the subframe mounted backhoe, but I can still get it for the 2600 it's just a 3 point mount. With this tractor I'm not too concerned about anything breaking.

As for negatives, I'm not sure what they are yet, I need to learn more about it.

/ MF 2635
I think the "old school" look really suits me. My brother likes hydro, but I'm a clutch type. I 've compared the loader ratings and the MF 2635 really shines. I'm on the fence on the smaller tractor with a cab or a more powerful tractor with out. Either one will work fine.

/ MF 2635 #8  
The 2635 is also a turbo :D

I looked passed by the dealer again today and it looks pretty sharp. They also adjusted the cash pricing up here in Canada (do this on the first of each month due to USD exchange) and introduced a $700 discount on the loader. Ask your dealer about the loader promo, I'm not sure if it's a Canada-only thing or what.

So the 2635 with 8x2, DL250, 1 remote is now $37,000 down from dealer quote of $38,700.

/ MF 2635
Went and drove it today, loved the power and simple layout. Very smooth loader operation. My quote was $35,000 US with one remote and loaded rear tires and live pto. The McCormick X55 with cab and 2 remotes was 31,000. Might have go with the McCormick, but the Massey still has my eye. I really love the simple rugged look. Also turning only 1750 rpm to run bush hog is nice to. Only down side was the rops pins rattled at idle, loud it seemed to me, just have to tape them I guess.

Last edited:
   / MF 2635 #10  
I really should buy a McCormick - I always wondered if they would give me a discount since I have the same last name :D

There are not many McCormick dealers in the area I live.