Buying Advice 1532 HST or Shuttle?

/ 1532 HST or Shuttle?
I think I am going HST. For the type of jobs I am going to be doing it seems to make more sense. I struggled a long time trying to get my wife to drive my standard transmission on my car and lost that battle. She now drives my Polaris sportsman 6x6 (automatic) and will even use my lawn tractor (HST) so no sense bucking the trend :)

And the dealer called me tonight. I had already decided I was going to take it at $19,900 with HST, beet juiced R4 tires, and block heater installed. But I hadn't actually told him that. He called me today to say the district sales manager wants to move stock so they dropped another $1000. So I am now at $18,900. Don't think I am going to beat that for such a quality tractor. Should get it on Wednesday. :)

/ 1532 HST or Shuttle? #12  
Congrats, a very nice tractor! :thumbsup: My neighbour has the 1529 HST and loves it.

/ 1532 HST or Shuttle?
Another decision I am faced with is what attachments to get for the back. I want to get a blade that would be used for a variety of landscaping and grading tasks and I might even clear some snow with it. The dealer has a rhino 500 series 6ft blade for $1050. The advantage of this blade is I can swing it out to the side past the edge of the tractor which seems like a good approach for some jobs. It weighs 385lbs so I am assuming it is decent grade of construction. Does the price sound about right?

Also, my wife is really keen on getting a box scraper or a grading scraper to do the driveway. Looking at some videos it looks like the scarifiers really loosen up the material and allow a better grading process than a plain blade. Anyone have opinions on box scraper vs grading scraper? I am quoted $750 for a Braber 60" box scraper weighing in at 450lbs. The other choice would be a woods gs60c 5ft grading scraper at 553lbs. I didn't get a price on it but the gs72c is $1250 so I assume the gs60c would be in the $1000 range.

Watcha think?

/ 1532 HST or Shuttle? #15  
Congratulations . I bought a Bushog brand box blade , SBX 65 ( 66 " ) . It's a good heavy unit . 5 adjustable scarfire teeth . I can fill it full of rock or dirt , with front wheel assist on , doesn't labor tractor at all . When I bought my tractor , dealer sold me the implements at his cost . I beleive you'll be happy with your tractor purchase , again congratulations :thumbsup:

/ 1532 HST or Shuttle?
Well here she is in all her red goodness. Shown with the Braber 60" Box Scraper. Also got a Rhino 500 series 72" blade and a dual prong hay spear. This should keep me busy for a while. First task was grading the driveway (about 500 yards worth). Started with the box scraper with scarifiers down for a couple of passes pulling up the larger rocks just under the surface. Had my son pick those up and put them in the box of my Polaris 6x6 to use in a future rock garden. Then lifted up the scarifiers and ran just the box for a few runs. Then just to put a nice finish I turned the Rhino blade around and it was like buttering toast :)

He dropped it off with a little over 2 hours on it and it now has 6 :thumbsup:

Attachments

• MF1532.jpg
    MF1532.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 494
   / 1532 HST or Shuttle? #17  
Well here she is in all her red goodness. Shown with the Braber 60" Box Scraper. Also got a Rhino 500 series 72" blade and a dual prong hay spear. This should keep me busy for a while. First task was grading the driveway (about 500 yards worth). Started with the box scraper with scarifiers down for a couple of passes pulling up the larger rocks just under the surface. Had my son pick those up and put them in the box of my Polaris 6x6 to use in a future rock garden. Then lifted up the scarifiers and ran just the box for a few runs. Then just to put a nice finish I turned the Rhino blade around and it was like buttering toast :)

He dropped it off with a little over 2 hours on it and it now has 6 :thumbsup:

Lookin Nice :thumbsup:

/ 1532 HST or Shuttle? #18  
4 of the most satisfying hours you've spent in a while I bet. Congratulations :thumbsup:

/ 1532 HST or Shuttle? #20  
My opinion is a tractor is made for pulling generally speaking you can get anymore reliable than steel gears for pulling clutch wins for me . Ps you'll never see a hydrostatic at a tractor pull