Financing Are these really equal (GC2xxx)

/ Are these really equal (GC2xxx) #1  

tiger275

I was looking at the promotions available for a cash purchase of a MF GC24xx or GC26xx series tractor and started wondering if these promotions are really equal.

- Get a Free Bagger System or Blade with purchase of a new Massey Ferguson GC Series Tractor in lieu of low-rate financing. See your dealer for complete details.

- Get a FREE Mower Deck with purchase of a new Massey Ferguson GC Series Tractor in lieu of low-rate financing. See your dealer for complete details.

- Get a FREE Loader with purchase of a new Massey Ferguson GC2410 or GC2610 Tractor in lieu of low-rate financing . See your dealer for complete details.

- Get $2,250 loader credit with purchase of a new Massey Ferguson GC Series or GC L Series Tractor in lieu of low-rate financing. See your dealer for complete details.

/ Are these really equal (GC2xxx) #2  
Nothing is really free in those promotions, the prices are hidden in the prices quoted. The free finance is really just rolled into the purchase price so all you are really doing is financing your interest.
Some of the values exceed the others so if you price out the lets say free loader, vs $2500 rebate for cash, you may make out better than taking the cash on your bottom dollar but cost to the dealer is going to be about the same as he might charge you $3500 for the loader but his cost is less.
When you crunch all the numbers you dont get much from the promotions. I guess the only way you would really know is if you had a firm price prior to a promotion and then went back and compared it after some promotion kicks in, there might be a few bucks in it as the manufacturer kicks in the tractors for less to the dealer.

/ Are these really equal (GC2xxx) #3  
This is where you need a good honest dealer to work with.

For starters, with a cash purchase, I see 5 options

1. Free bagger system
2. Free blade
3. Free mower deck (MMM I assume)
4. Free loader
5. $2250 loader credit

So what you need to do is decide what you want. I wouldnt take the blade. Those are a dime a dozen used on craigslist.

So, now you are down to mower, bagger, loader, or $2250

DO you want the mower? Do you want a loader?

If you want more than one, you are going to have to pay for them. So talk to the dealer and find out. For example, you want the mower AND loader. Ask the dealer how much the loader is and how much the mower is. And obviously take the credit on whatever one is more $$$. But again, a GOOD dealer is key here.

And keep in mind that the "free" goodies usually dont include installation cost.

Sorry for loong winded but let me run this scenerio by you:

Dealer says the mower and loader are both $3000 extra without promotion. You need to ask if that is installed cost. Because lets say the loader is $2000 + $1000 to install. And the Mower is $2200 and $800 to install. You obviously want the credit on the mower because you have to pay the install regardless.

Good luck and let us know.

Again, a good dealer is key.

/ Are these really equal (GC2xxx) #4  
When I bought my GC2400 in the fall of 2010, the deal was buy the tractor and get the mower free or get 0% financing.:cool: I wanted to get the mower and loader with the tractor and was looking at the 0%.:confused: I was quoted $15500 if I financed it:confused2: but if I paid cash I could get the whole lot for $13500.:) because they took $2000 off for the mower.:thumbsup: 0% is not 0% obviously.:mad:

/ Are these really equal (GC2xxx) #5  
I was looking at the promotions available for a cash purchase of a MF GC24xx or GC26xx series tractor and started wondering if these promotions are really equal.

- Get a Free Bagger System or Blade with purchase of a new Massey Ferguson GC Series Tractor in lieu of low-rate financing. See your dealer for complete details.
Sounds good if your paying cash.

- Get a FREE Mower Deck with purchase of a new Massey Ferguson GC Series Tractor in lieu of low-rate financing. See your dealer for complete details.

It is truly free but if you pay cash (not take the 0% financing) The 0% financing is great but you will have to add insurance from AGCO (which isnt nedcessarily a bad thing to have).

- Get a FREE Loader with purchase of a new Massey Ferguson GC2410 or GC2610 Tractor in lieu of low-rate financing . See your dealer for complete details.

This doesnt make sense because the loader is part of the GC2410 and GC2610 so nothing gained here at all unless they are knocking off 3g which is the cost of the loader? The Backhoe comes with these.

- Get $2,250 loader credit with purchase of a new Massey Ferguson GC Series or GC L Series Tractor in lieu of low-rate financing. See your dealer for complete details.

I think this includes the GC series without the Backhoe.

/ Are these really equal (GC2xxx) #6  
I was quoted yesterday a $2000 discount if I paid cash. With money so cheap why does paying cash lead to such a large discount?

/ Are these really equal (GC2xxx) #7  
For what its worth... I don't think they'll even configure a 2410 or 2610 without the loader on it.

/ Are these really equal (GC2xxx) #10  
Wacky said:
It says that one includes the FEL. But I don't see it in any pics??

I think that is just a general description. On their list they show them with a loader