Silver Member
    Tractor
    None right now...

Default MF 1035 4wd with FEL for $7500,good or bad deal?

Local MF dealer has it on his lot,has shuttle shift,FEL,1100 hours on it.
    He is asking $7500,but judging by previous dealings,can really come off his asking price.

Seems in okay shape,for some odd reason is covered in decals on the loader arms,perhaps the previous owner had a sticker fetish?

Is this a good,bad or indifferent tractor?
    Dealer claims parts availability is fine,but he is trying to sell a tractor.

We have 17 acres,will be used to bushhog,maybe put in fence posts,till a veggie garden and keep up our driveway.

Also we would be doing a cash deal,so what sort of price drop should that give us?

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1635 cab

Default Re: MF 1035 4wd with FEL for $7500,good or bad deal?

The 1035 was produced for MF by Hinomoto.

From Tractordata.com: Hinomoto was the trade name for tractors produced by Toyosha, of Japan. Toyosha can trace its roots to plows built by Denzou Tanoue in 1863. Hinomoto compact tractors appeared in the late 1950s and have been exported worldwide. In 1990, Toyosha was purchased by Hitachi Construction Machinery. Hitachi changed the trade name to Tierra in 1997.

Dispite what the dealer says, I'd stay away from a tractor that was made by someone that no longer makes tractors.

Tractor
    massey-ferguson 1035-4

Default Re: MF 1035 4wd with FEL for $7500,good or bad deal?

I JUST BOUGHT A MASSEY-FERGUSON 1035 4 HHEEL DRIVE FROM PROUDFOOT MOTORS IN NEW GLASGOW, NOVA SCOTIA. THE TRACTOR IS BLOWING BLACK LIQUID OUT THE EXHAUST AND GETTING ALL OVER THE HOOD AND WINDSHIELD ON THE CAB. THE DEALER SAID THE TRACTOR WORKED GOOD AND NEVER TOLD ME ANY ISSUES ABOUT THE TRACTOR, I BELIEVE THAT THE HEAD GASKET IS BLOWN AND THEY KNEW THAT BUT NEVER TOLD ME .THE EXHAUST PIPE WAS NEW WHEN THEY DELIVERED THE TRACTOR , PROBABLY TO COVER UP THE PROBLEM UNTIL THEY GOT THE MONEY WHICH WAS $12000.00 PLUS $1800.00 TAXES. I PUT MY TRUST IN THEIR WORD, THEY ARE IN BUISNESS FOR 62 YEARS SO I THOUGHT THEY HAD DIGNITY TO SELL A GOOD TRACTOR , BUT NOT THE CASE HERE. IT HAS A 31 HP. TOYOSHA ENGINE 3 CYL. DIESEL. IT IS LEAKING ALL OVER MY YARD ALSO, I BOUGHT IT FOR SNOW REMOVAL WITH A 3 POINT HITCH AND HYDROLIC REMOTE CHUTE.