Do Massey dealers "dicker" price?

/ Do Massey dealers "dicker" price? #1  

jymbee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 1652, 1949 Farmall H
Looking at a 1643 w/ 12x12 gears. Was quoted a price w/ FEL of $28.9K w/ financing or $25,420 cash. I beat up car dealers quite a bit recently when I bought a new car and saved quite a bit in the process. Do Massey dealers typically (if there is such a thing) bargain price?

[EDIT: that price was w/ the Skid Steer FEL]

Last edited:
   / Do Massey dealers "dicker" price? #2  
Mine did but i don't remember how much. hope things work out well.

/ Do Massey dealers "dicker" price? #4  
Mine did as well. I also checked a couple of different dealers which helped me ultimately get my best price. Good Luck.

/ Do Massey dealers "dicker" price?
Thanks to allfor the input. My first discussion was fairly brief and I do plan on driving to a more distant dealer to get an offer there as well. Perhaps the original quote would be accepted but make up for it with a good price on an attachment-- like the rotary cutter I'd like to have.

Mine did too.

/ Do Massey dealers "dicker" price? #6  
Not trying to sway your decision but, I purchased mine from a dealer 1100 miles away from me, he shipped it here for far less than I could get it locally (50 miles from me)

/ Do Massey dealers "dicker" price?
Wow-- 1100 miles. Mind if I ask about how much you saved going that route?

I stopped by another dealer today to do some comparison shopping but so far I've only gotten standard list prices. Will get down to the "what's your best price" stage soon.

When buying a car there's tons of info out there about pricing from dealer actual cost to online dealer comparison sites. Haven't seen anything like that for tractors but would really like to know the actual dealer cost in order to make realistic offers.

Not trying to sway your decision but, I purchased mine from a dealer 1100 miles away from me, he shipped it here for far less than I could get it locally (50 miles from me)

/ Do Massey dealers "dicker" price? #8  
I used the money I saved to tint my windows, install a radio, make myFEL bucket a quick attach and had over a thousand bucks left.