Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    2006 Massey Ferguson 3635 Cab

Default Re: MF 3600 Series

I bought a used 2006 cab with powershuttle, 260 hours, this summer. I had a powershuttle solenoid failure last month. Easy to diagnose with the shop manual, and a $100 part. Other than that, it has performed well. I've hayed with it, and it was remarkably powerful and fuel-efficient with a baler and wagon in tow. I'm liking that Sisu engine. It's not that heavy, and is maxed out running a baler with full wagon on hills. However, it's light enough for yard work too. I read of some issues, and was hesitant to buy it since it had been discontinued, but the price was right. I looked at a lightly used 5445, but the price difference will be at least $20k. I think I'll hold tight for now.
    2006 Massey Ferguson 3635 Cab w/DL260 loader, Ford 917 Flail, 6'KK box blade, Leinbach auger
    NH 479 haybine and NH Super Hayliner 68 baler
    1975 Mitsubishi MS-070B excavator with dozer blade
    1984 IH S1824 4x4 5-ton dump truck w/9' plow
    1980 Bolens HT20D, hydro, 20hp Wisconsin (Ducati) diesel, 54" shaft drive deck
    1968 Ford 120 Hydro, 12HP Kohler K301, two 42" magnesium decks & cigarette lighter

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

That is great to hear!! Please keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyrpa View Post
    I bought a used 2006 cab with powershuttle, 260 hours, this summer. I had a powershuttle solenoid failure last month. Easy to diagnose with the shop manual, and a $100 part. Other than that, it has performed well. I've hayed with it, and it was remarkably powerful and fuel-efficient with a baler and wagon in tow. I'm liking that Sisu engine. It's not that heavy, and is maxed out running a baler with full wagon on hills. However, it's light enough for yard work too. I read of some issues, and was hesitant to buy it since it had been discontinued, but the price was right. I looked at a lightly used 5445, but the price difference will be at least $20k. I think I'll hold tight for now.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Tractor

Update: over 700 hours on the 3635, used for full-bore field production. I'm currently pulling a 4-bottom plow, 12-foot discs, haybine, and baler with a 18' wagon. Tough little tractor, and no issues other than a blinking shuttle warning light a few times. I shut down and restart and it goes away. Other than that, it's been flawless.
    2006 Massey Ferguson 3635 Cab w/DL260 loader, Ford 917 Flail, 6'KK box blade, Leinbach auger
    1968 Ford 120 Hydro, 12HP Kohler K301, two 42" magnesium decks & cigarette lighter

Tractor
    MF 3630

Can you explain how you diagnosed the problem and what the part was . Our 3635 will not go into gear just had it shipped out a month ago from the States
    Do not find our manual that helpful. Is the shop manual different .
    What is required to use the on board diagnostics , there is a cable to connect to a computer next to the fuses.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Swift222 View Post
    Can you explain how you diagnosed the problem and what the part was . Our 3635 will not go into gear just had it shipped out a month ago from the States
    Do not find our manual that helpful. Is the shop manual different .
    What is required to use the on board diagnostics , there is a cable to connect to a computer next to the fuses.
    I have the shop manual, with all of the codes. If you give me your fault code I'll tell you what the problem is.

Tractor
    MF 3630

I have the shop manual, with all of the codes. If you give me your fault code I'll tell you what the problem is.
    Unfortunately there is no fault code ,there was nothing showing on the dashboard as a code. the electronic unit has been sent to New Zealand for testing.
    We are trying to figure out if it is the clutch or the solenoid. Can you give us the details of how you fixed your problem. Our manual does not have codes .

Tractor
    MF 3630

WE have also contacted Witmers -Salem, OH 44460, the dealer it was brought from. they have been unable to help, still waiting for them to get back with a reply, they have sent the request to AGCO , been several months now and no answer.
    Do you know of a dealer who has fixed this problem in the US. I could contact them for help.

Tractor
    MF 5435, MF 165

What is your unit doing? Will it just not move or not actually go into gear?

Tractor
    MF 3630

Quote Originally Posted by MFRED View Post
    What is your unit doing? Will it just not move or not actually go into gear?
    It will not move as we cannot get it into any gear.Hydraulics work OK, front-end loader works fine.
    Previously there has been problems with the oil filters getting blocked, cardboard like fibres which appear to come from the clutch disc. I have heard reports that the clutch system is not the best for front-end loader work, as every time the clutch is used oil no longer gets sent to the clutch discs and the disc start shredding.
    Any info you have will be appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12