MF 3600 Series

/ MF 3600 Series #1  

Turkeyman

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4720 and 5075M
I am looking at a Challenger MT 335B (65 pto) which is a rebadged MF 3635 and want to know why MF stopped making them or of any known problems.
Thank you for your time.

/ MF 3600 Series #2  
They were an Italian built tractor, with a SISU engine. My local dealer refused to sell them due to many issues.

BUT there is a top quality replacement coming, this fall. It will be full power shuttle too!

/ MF 3600 Series #3  
They sure are close-lipped about the upcoming lines of tractors, I've been searching for any hint of what to expect and so far haven't been able to find anything. Even dealers aren't saying a lot. I understand why with inventory left to move but it's June, Fall isn't that far off.

Gittyup, curious minds want to know! :confused3:

/ MF 3600 Series #4  
I've been waiting to see what they're releasing as well and nothing is out there. Not even a hint or teaser add. The local MF dealer looks like a ghost town with minimal product on the lot.

/ MF 3600 Series #5  
The 3600s had a lot of problems and i personally wouldnt sell them. The new line of MF that are coming out are quit nice and I think everyone will like them.

/ MF 3600 Series
Thank you for the insight, can you give detail on the problems? This one has the power shuttle, MFD, no loader, and 1250 hrs.

/ MF 3600 Series #7  
The mechanical shuttles have been very reliable - the powershutlles work fine after the bugs get repaired - most of the repairs were field campaigned - get a s/n and ask a dealer if all the FC's for that s/n have been perofrmed.

/ MF 3600 Series #8  
Thank you for the insight, can you give detail on the problems? This one has the power shuttle, MFD, no loader, and 1250 hrs.

Sorry, ive been away for a while. We have had a lot of problems with the power shuttle and relays on the 3600s. Also a fell hydraulic issues. One of my customers had his in the shop multiple times last year and it was something different each time. He finally sold it and got a 5400.

/ MF 3600 Series #9  
Hi All, I have a MF 3635 with power shuttle & Loader bought new in 2009. It has been faulty with temp and transmission warning alarms since new. The dealer has not been able to fix under warranty and now is charging big $ for changing relay's and just trying things it seems without any real idea of what to do. I have heard this model is a lemon and my experience is similar to above. Also believe the model is discontinued however it is still on the Australian AGCO MF site as a current model, but is not on the US AGCO site any more? It appears that Parent MF cannot support the dealer with a comprehensive manual and support for interpreting the fault codes and then how to fix. Does this ring true. I am now trying to work out how long to persist with resolving the issues or sell and cut my losses. I would prefer to resolve and keep the tractor.

/ MF 3600 Series #10  
If it's been a recuring problem since new you should be able to get it taken care of by AGCO. I would make a little noise with the dealer. They should take care of you. Manuals and support are still available in North America and should be over there to. There were some updates on them that took care of most of the issues.