Tractor News Word on the new 4600 ?

/ Word on the new 4600 ? #1  

JWR

Elite Member
Tractor
MF 2660 LP, 3 Kubota B2150, Kubota BX2200, MH Pacer, Gravely 5660, etc.
As many of you know, the relatively recent (over the last 3-4 years) Brazilian-made MF2600HD series is out of production & not made anymore. The replacement is said to be the 4600 series. My rumor mill has it that the 4600's will be:

- Made in Japan
- Use the SISU Finland-made diesel engine in a 3 cylinder version rather than Perkins diesel
- have a power shuttle transmission (what John Deere calls "Power Reverser")
- coming out in spring 2013.

For those interested in this class of machine there are many questions that won't get answered until the literature hits the dealers and they start taking orders. Maybe not even then ...

For example:
- Will they all have brakes or will they be delivered with marginal brakes just to see if anyone is paying attention like the 2600's were ? Do steep land people have to have them modified ?
- Will they starve for fuel on a hill when half full or be delivered with dual pickups in the tank to start with ?
- Will they have more than 1/2" travel from full down to full up on the 3 pt. hitch hydraulics control lever for a typical bush hog implement ?
- Will they scare the neighbors and all mechanics within 1/4 mile with a loud clanking when the 3pt lift is up near the constant pumping point ?
- Will Charles Atlas still have to use both hands to try to disengage the parking brake ?
- Specs of course like hyd pump capacity, lift capacity, etc. ?
- Any chances of selective remote valve behavior (like the newer John Deere 3 position = detent, no-detent and constant flow settings)
- What loaders will go on them ? Older DL250/260/280 types or the newer 900 series with hidden hoses like on the 5400's ?

What are you guys hearing ?

/ Word on the new 4600 ? #2  
They are Iseki built, Iseki Powered unit with a Powershuttle transmission. Would be nice if they are SISU Powered. I hear a fall release. They will be electronically controllecd if SISU Powered.

Do not compare the Indian built tractors anything else in the MF line up. The 900 series loaders are red Alo loaders. If you want an Alo, get your dealer to get one. When I buy a loader for ours, it will be an Alo. Best loader out there bar none.

Are you asking if they will have electro hydraulic remotes? Not if it is a basic utility tractor. You want all the toys, get a 5400/5600 series.

/ Word on the new 4600 ? #3  
:DWill Charles Atlas still have to use both hands to try to disengage the parking brake ? :thumbsup::dance1: That reference will date the TBNers that respond;)

PH

/ Word on the new 4600 ? #4  
I am hearing the price will be very competitive with the Kubota M series and along the same lines for quality and features as them as well. I hope they hit it out of the park and get back in the game with the new series tractor. I would love to see the new electronic controls like we have on the 5400 series, but I am afraid that isn't going to happen to remain price competitive. Also for price a rep has said that the 4600 series will cost less than the 2600hd series, but I would take that like a grain of salt from a territory manager.

/ Word on the new 4600 ?
I am hearing the price will be very competitive with the Kubota M series and along the same lines for quality and features as them as well. I hope they hit it out of the park and get back in the game with the new series tractor. I would love to see the new electronic controls like we have on the 5400 series, but I am afraid that isn't going to happen to remain price competitive. Also for price a rep has said that the 4600 series will cost less than the 2600hd series, but I would take that like a grain of salt from a territory manager.
I'd hope the pricing is better than the Kubota M series. At least based on what I saw 2 weeks ago at the PA Ag Progress days the Kubota's are priced well above the 2600HD comparable models. High as ****. A loader for an 80-90hp class machine is $7700 from Kubota and about $6500 for a MF DL260. To be honest, the Kubota loader looks 1/3 stronger in every axis to me. One unanswered question is whether the 900 series loaders will be put on the 4600's. Hopefully Yes.

I'm thinking the MF marketing strategy will be to price them under the comparable Deere and Kubota models. I am also sticking to my prediction: If MF quality control coming out of the factory is no better than it was for the 2600HD series they will not be in business in the US 5 years from now. With the 4600's made in Japan like the smaller compacts I'm guessing the QC will be far better than it was out of Brazil. We will see.

/ Word on the new 4600 ? #6  
JWR said:
I'd hope the pricing is better than the Kubota M series. At least based on what I saw 2 weeks ago at the PA Ag Progress days the Kubota's are priced well above the 2600HD comparable models. High as ****. A loader for an 80-90hp class machine is $7700 from Kubota and about $6500 for a MF DL260. To be honest, the Kubota loader looks 1/3 stronger in every axis to me. One unanswered question is whether the 900 series loaders will be put on the 4600's. Hopefully Yes.

I'm thinking the MF marketing strategy will be to price them under the comparable Deere and Kubota models. I am also sticking to my prediction: If MF quality control coming out of the factory is no better than it was for the 2600HD series they will not be in business in the US 5 years from now. With the 4600's made in Japan like the smaller compacts I'm guessing the QC will be far better than it was out of Brazil. We will see.

You have no idea how wrong your prediction is. You know the produce more than lawn tractors, right? And you know USA is not the only place they sell equipment, right? They are getting stronger every day, their utility and larger tractors are selling like hot cakes, and their harvesting division is looking up too. They could drop the SCUT/CUT line and be fine.

/ Word on the new 4600 ?
You have no idea how wrong your prediction is. You know the produce more than lawn tractors, right? And you know USA is not the only place they sell equipment, right? They are getting stronger every day, their utility and larger tractors are selling like hot cakes, and their harvesting division is looking up too. They could drop the SCUT/CUT line and be fine.

What I said related to the 2600HD series, not to lawn and grass cutters. And what I said was "in the US." My guess is that a strong reason for the 4600's going to be made in Japan is because of the rotten quality control coming out of the factory in Brazil. I've heard that complaint from every MF dealer I come across and experienced it big time, myself. I stand by my prediction (which remains accurate if they improve QC and do stay in business in the US on medium sized tractors.)

/ Word on the new 4600 ? #8  
JWR said:
What I said related to the 2600HD series, not to lawn and grass cutters. And what I said was "in the US." My guess is that a strong reason for the 4600's going to be made in Japan is because of the rotten quality control coming out of the factory in Brazil. I've heard that complaint from every MF dealer I come across and experienced it big time, myself. I stand by my prediction (which remains accurate if they improve QC and do stay in business in the US on medium sized tractors.)

They are not going anywhere. Their premium tractors (5400 and up) are a much better tractor. Would not even look at a bare bones model, you give up too much. The reason why they are going to a new model is that they need a Powershuttle tractor in that range.

/ Word on the new 4600 ?
Makes sense. They need that to stay competitive. My John Deere had a "power reverser" when I got it back in 2001. Note: the 5400's are made in France which probably (my speculation) also has better quality control than the Brazil factory.

/ Word on the new 4600 ? #10  
Keep an eye out for Standard and Premium tractors when the 5600's hit dealer lots. 3 Cyl SISU in smaller ones with some added features to the Premiums.

The 4600's will be a welcome addition to the utility line. Iseki has always had pretty good quality control and nice products. Interesting to see how they look & feel when they arrive.

AGCO hasn't historicaly done well in North America until recently anyway. A drop in already small utility tractor sales would probably not even make the radar. Not saying it's right, but stopping all imports from Brazil wouldn't come close to hurting AGCO. It would probably help with the less amount of warranty work!

There is a spot for the low spec 2600 style tractor. Some people want cheap horsepower, and that's what you get. Good tractor to stick someone else on and let them run it.