Buying Advice Massey 1652 Tractor

/ Massey 1652 Tractor #1  

Wheat King

Tractor
Case
I am seriously considering purchasing a Massey 1562 tractor. I have done a lot of research and narrowed it done to this tractor. The only thing I am unsure of is what transmission to pick. The HST or power shuttle. I will be primarily using this tractor for mowing and pushing snow and maybe some field work.

Any information that can be provided will be a big help.

/ Massey 1652 Tractor #2  
I just ordered a 1643 with hydro. I would think that's what you would want for mowing/ snow removal.

/ Massey 1652 Tractor #3  
Is your wife ever going to drive it? I like gear drive. Besides the hat takes away from horse power gear drive dosnt

/ Massey 1652 Tractor
The better half will operate it time to time. Still undecided on the type of transmission. I have been reading on sites that the HST makes a whining noise that is noticeable in the cab. I will need to go to the dealership to try one. Did you do any research on the HST before your purchase?

/ Massey 1652 Tractor #5  
Powershuttle hands down. No clutch needed except to start and change gears. Or go for the gusto and get DynaQPS. The shuttle requires no clutching, easy to use as a hydro, and no where near as noisy - hydro whine.

/ Massey 1652 Tractor #6  
I have the 1652 Dyna QPS w/ power shuttle. It gets used for plowing snow, mowing, loader work and field work tedding and raking hay. The power shuttle is perfect for loader work. I don't have the hydrostatic so I can't speak for that, but I have no complaints with my set up.

/ Massey 1652 Tractor
Thanks for information guys. I find this very helpful.

Any issues with the temperature controls in the cab?

/ Massey 1652 Tractor #8  
Any issues with the temperature controls in the cab?

No issues. It can freeze you out in the summer months and keep you warm enough to clear snow in your underwear in the winter months.

/ Massey 1652 Tractor #10  
Wheat King said:
Thanks again.

Your Welcome. Have fun with the new tractor when you get it.