2615 4x4

/ 2615 4x4 #1  

teampryor

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2615L
Hello all. Just joined and would love some opinions/reccomendations on my new tractor. Tractor will be used for mowing, dirt work, construction site, and forrestry clean up duties. One of my first challenges is adding 3rd function capabilities to the loader for grapple use. Also any grapple reccomendations would be appreciated.
IMG_3721.jpg

/ 2615 4x4 #2  
Let me know what you eventually do regarding third function equipment as I am considereing adding the same to my 2635 with DL 250 FEL. I would be interested in hearing what the third function kit costs.

SDT

/ 2615 4x4 #3  
MF sells a kit for that. I just installed 2 last month on the 2600s. It comes with everything and you can do it yourself. It runs around $700.

/ 2615 4x4
Please give me the part # and or description. My dealer was qouting $1300 installed, i did not ask the parts only cost. Thank you for the response.
So what is the most reliable, best built, reasonably priced grapple with root raking capabilities?
By the way is it Wednesday yet?

/ 2615 4x4
Sir, is this a diverter, or a true 3rd function?
Can you tilt and open or close at the same time. The Manual has option equipment in the back.
Our tractor is at the dealership we inspected it today. All is good.
Manufacture date is 6 /12 so it is fresh off the boat and by the way, no more defuel/fuel cutoff levers its just a key now. Our only concern was no reinforced cutting edge on the FEL bucket. Dealer is providing us one in a week.
By the way my purchase was tax free because I bought from out of state.
So tomorrow is delivery day!

/ 2615 4x4 #7  
Sir, is this a diverter, or a true 3rd function?
Can you tilt and open or close at the same time. The Manual has option equipment in the back.
Our tractor is at the dealership we inspected it today. All is good.
Manufacture date is 6 /12 so it is fresh off the boat and by the way, no more defuel/fuel cutoff levers its just a key now. Our only concern was no reinforced cutting edge on the FEL bucket. Dealer is providing us one in a week.
By the way my purchase was tax free because I bought from out of state.
So tomorrow is delivery day!

Modern AG FEL "third function" valves are (nearly?) always solenoid operated diverter valves.

SDT

/ 2615 4x4 #8  
HD bucket with replaceable cutting edge is available at extra cost.

You are aware that state law requires that you pay sales tax on out of state purchases? I certainly would not advise advertising that you have not done so.

SDT, JD

/ 2615 4x4
The dealer had me fill out a tax exempt form becauase i am using the tractor on my farm 100% so it is all good.
What is not all good is the bath i took this evening in hydraulic/transmission fluid after 20 minutes of use! A brand new tractor that shoots oil 20 feet into the air, around an o ring sealed fill plug is never a good thing. The turn signal switch did not work either. Not that I will ever need it , but it is a part of the tractor and should function properly. The TPH was very erratic in its operation with slow response and jerky operation. I believe the dealers PDI was abrieviated and incomplete. Should I just tell them to keep it or allow them a second chance? I sure as heck do not want to experience this again!

/ 2615 4x4 #10  
The light switch has to be in a certain position for the turn signals to work. I can't remember, and I'm not close to mine but I think it's all the way to the right.

To adjust the speed on the three point hitch there is a gold looking slide lever on the right hand side kinda beside/behind the seat down by the floorboard. Slide it towards the rear until it gets to a speed that you are happy with.

Did you get an owner's manual?