Price Check MF 1643 pricing

/ MF 1643 pricing #21  
I have a great service dealer here, less that 5 mile from the house, but they wouldn't budge on price. So I called swineford and he was $4,000 less for the very same unit.
I still have my services done here at the local dealer/ service dept.
Never had an issue, only because I didn't buy their unit, I just have to wait in line. but I still made out in the long run.
david

/ MF 1643 pricing #22  
the6shooter said:
I have a great service dealer here, less that 5 mile from the house, but they wouldn't budge on price. So I called swineford and he was $4,000 less for the very same unit.
I still have my services done here at the local dealer/ service dept.
Never had an issue, only because I didn't buy their unit, I just have to wait in line. but I still made out in the long run.
david

I'm kind of in the same boat. The dealer here does not keep massey's on hand. The handle New Holland and Kioti. But they did some warranty work for me and was great. One fun thig about Swinford is that they have lots of tractors on hand. I was able to try out the two tractors I was considering, which greatly help me with my decision.

Where bout in OK are you located?

/ MF 1643 pricing #24  
swineford is a great dealer to shop at for tractors. hard to believe that morrison Oklahoma is just a intersection of 2 state highways.
They are hard to miss, 1 gas station and surounded by red massey's LOL and they move alot of red tractors.
They also have a great shop to go with it. Wayland Swineford, is always there to answer any questions you might have.
david

/ MF 1643 pricing #25  
Yeah you are quite a ways from them to. I haven't seen a dealer a big as them. Wayland is a great guy. He set it up for my warranty work to be done closer to home. I had some hydraulic problems when I bought mine but no problems since.

/ MF 1643 pricing #26  
Yep, I am from Wisconsin. 21805$ is a darn good price. I get here the tractor with blade for that price if paid in cash. And then no rear remotes are included. But the dealer is far away. But for a 1643 with loader, loader-attached blade and two rear remotes I pay close to 28K here! That is the price my dealership quoted me with. Cash price would only subtract 1500$. I decided now to buy first thing in spring, after observing one winter and deciding what to get for snow removal. I would hate to find out after that fact that I need a snow blower or something. And if I go with a snow blower, I definitely prefer the front mounted one, requiring a mid PTO that I would not get if no snow blower is needed.

I think you have already stated what you can expect. I don't think a previous owner would have installed a "Snow Fence" unless confronted with a terrific snow and snow drift problem.

I did not buy yet, but am set on the MF 1643. Mainly I did not buy yet because I am again undecided what to do for snow removal: Front blade, FEL mounted blade, or snow blower. And I would like to get the tractor correctly set up, so also I can manage winters when alone. I only need the mid PTO if we go ahead with that front snow blower. My dad who is an experienced farmer was bringing up the idea of the FEL mounted blade, and the fact that with that setup you can push and pile the snow at the sides. We don't know yet how our long driveway fills with snow during winter, as we just moved here. Now we are debating whether we rather should wait until spring and observe how our neighbor does with his truck and blade; he offered the help to us for this year. Our driveway is about a third mile long, and mostly gravel. It runs through a valley, which I can see filling well with snow. The former owners had a snow fence put in, which we will do as well.

/ MF 1643 pricing
Little updates from my side. Delivery of my MF1648 is still scheduled for end of this month, hurray! And now I observed this one winter here, and we discovered the real issue of our driveway blowing full of snow. It is the snow fence causing this; the area where it got torn left us with a free driveway stretch. The next winter season we for sure will not put up the fence!! We only put it up because we assumed it must be necessary, as the previous owners had it up. But as so many other things those people did here, this was another example of a very unpractical thing. Such as wasting tons of money on a perennial garden and letting the weeds take it over... You just cannot imagine how much money those people just wasted here; the neighbor farmer told me some funny stories. And we found tons of unopened Miracle Gro planting soil bags tossed in the garden, along with about 10 garden hoses, two garden hose reels and then some, the plastic of all already all brittle from the sun. Oh yes, they left us with their trashed lawn mower as well, they just threw it on the hill behind us, along with a sun umbrella and many already brittle lawn chairs. And so you can imagine in what shape the kitchen was before we moved in... But hey, we got a good deal on this house because they could not ask a premium price due to all of this ;) It is unbelievable; that lady was always sporting really expensive clothing, and real Milan shoes and purses!!!! All decked out with makeup as well, hehe!

Also on the bright side: The tractor will have a lot of chores in the garden as well!!

/ MF 1643 pricing #28  
Little updates from my side. Delivery of my MF1648 is still scheduled for end of this month, hurray! And now I observed this one winter here, and we discovered the real issue of our driveway blowing full of snow. It is the snow fence causing this; the area where it got torn left us with a free driveway stretch. The next winter season we for sure will not put up the fence!! We only put it up because we assumed it must be necessary, as the previous owners had it up. But as so many other things those people did here, this was another example of a very unpractical thing. Such as wasting tons of money on a perennial garden and letting the weeds take it over... You just cannot imagine how much money those people just wasted here; the neighbor farmer told me some funny stories. And we found tons of unopened Miracle Gro planting soil bags tossed in the garden, along with about 10 garden hoses, two garden hose reels and then some, the plastic of all already all brittle from the sun. Oh yes, they left us with their trashed lawn mower as well, they just threw it on the hill behind us, along with a sun umbrella and many already brittle lawn chairs. And so you can imagine in what shape the kitchen was before we moved in... But hey, we got a good deal on this house because they could not ask a premium price due to all of this ;) It is unbelievable; that lady was always sporting really expensive clothing, and real Milan shoes and purses!!!! All decked out with makeup as well, hehe!

Also on the bright side: The tractor will have a lot of chores in the garden as well!!

Hope it works out with the tractor.

About snow fence, it creates a low pressure area for snow to drop into on the away from the direction of the wind. I've seen it all to often setting 5-15' feet from the area it's protecting, really it needs to be 50' or more. Or I've seen people set it up on the side away from the wind and that will increase the ability of the wind to pick up snow and again drop it just the other side of the fence. The areas that the fence broke might have been similar to the place fence on the side away from the wind. It would create an area of higher speed and pick up the snow.

Look at a hedgerow in the winter. On the windy side the snow is lower than the snow on the other and a short distance away the snow drops off in depth.

Another thing I have done many time is to use a blower and make a pass 5-7' from where I stop cleaning the driveway on the windy side. Blowing the snow into the wind and down to create a berm of snow. This gives not on the berm for snow to drop on the other side of, but a trench to fill in. Very effective if you live in windy areas that snow drifts.

Last edited:
   / MF 1643 pricing
Any day now; according to my dealer the tractor is good to go... But I am not sure whether he did an April's Fool day prank on me, as he sent me the e-mail yesterday...

/ MF 1643 pricing #30  
Any day now; according to my dealer the tractor is good to go... But I am not sure whether he did an April's Fool day prank on me, as he sent me the e-mail yesterday...

Aw. Got you all excited and ready to go. Send us some pictures when you get it