Calling all MF 2625 owners

/ Calling all MF 2625 owners #1  

nelsond7004

Silver Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 2816 Gear
Hi All,

I have locally found a 2010 MF 2625 4wd that has a FEL with 128 hours on it for $23,000. I am wondering if this price seems reasonable. The tractor is in very good shape and looks to have been well taken care of.

Are there any current or previous owners of a 2625 that would care to share opinions on this tractor be it good or bad? I welcome all opinions, especially if anyone uses this tractor for round baling.

/ Calling all MF 2625 owners #2  
Hi All,

I have locally found a 2010 MF 2625 4wd that has a FEL with 128 hours on it for $23,000. I am wondering if this price seems reasonable. The tractor is in very good shape and looks to have been well taken care of.

Are there any current or previous owners of a 2625 that would care to share opinions on this tractor be it good or bad? I welcome all opinions, especially if anyone uses this tractor for round baling.

The 2600 series is a basic, old tech, no frills line. The 2625 model has been discontinued, which is not a real concern as the entire line is being discontinued soon. IIRC the 2625 is 54 PTO HP with live PTO and 52 PTO HP with independent PTO. I believe this is marginal power for round bale work. Aside from HP the 5700+ lb tractor and 4500+ lb lift capacity should be OK.

I would certainly check with a MF dealer before buying any used 2600 series tractor as MF is heavily discounting the entire line at this time. I just took delivery of a 2012 FWA 2635 (same as 2625 but turbocharged with 62/60 PTO HP) with independent PTO, dual remote valves (4 outlets), 4 rear weights, front weight bracket, extendable lift arms, DL250 FEL, HD bucket and skid steer mount for $30200, delivered with full tank.

SDT

/ Calling all MF 2625 owners #3  
The 2625 is a good tractor but for about 5k more you could get a NEW 2635 with more hp and a warranty. They are offering 2.99% for 72 months.

/ Calling all MF 2625 owners
Thank you for your input. I spoke to my dealer yesterday who has steered me in the right direction for a long time and he basically told me there are "other fish in the sea." He is Massey and Mahindra dealer and used to carry McCormick. He is not pushy and does not try to promote any one tractor over the other. After speaking with him I get the feeling that the 2625 probably would not be the best investment considering other Massey's and other tractors out there. He to does recommend going to a slightly larger tractor for round baling considering our mountainous terrain here in Southwest Virginia.

I would love to get my hands on a 2635, but I really don't want to spend 30k for a tractor right now. I am not in that big of a hurry so I am going to take my time.

/ Calling all MF 2625 owners #5  
Thank you for your input. I spoke to my dealer yesterday who has steered me in the right direction for a long time and he basically told me there are "other fish in the sea." He is Massey and Mahindra dealer and used to carry McCormick. He is not pushy and does not try to promote any one tractor over the other. After speaking with him I get the feeling that the 2625 probably would not be the best investment considering other Massey's and other tractors out there. He to does recommend going to a slightly larger tractor for round baling considering our mountainous terrain here in Southwest Virginia.

I would love to get my hands on a 2635, but I really don't want to spend 30k for a tractor right now. I am not in that big of a hurry so I am going to take my time.

There should be lots of late model used 60+ HP tractors with FELs available for around $25K. Have you looked at the NH Workmaster 65 and 75 models. Like the MF 2600 series, these are basic, no frills models. One caveat, only 3rd and 4th/7th and 8th gears are synchronized. Like the 2625/35, these tractors are available with or without a synchro shuttle.

SDT

/ Calling all MF 2625 owners #6  
SDT -I believe not all the 2600 Series tractors are being discontinued - only the larger HD tractors. I heard those will eventually be replaced by a 4600 Series tractor. My understanding is the 2605 - 2635 will likely be around for quite some time.

/ Calling all MF 2625 owners
There should be lots of late model used 60+ HP tractors with FELs available for around $25K. Have you looked at the NH Workmaster 65 and 75 models. Like the MF 2600 series, these are basic, no frills models. One caveat, only 3rd and 4th/7th and 8th gears are synchronized. Like the 2625/35, these tractors are available with or without a synchro shuttle.

SDT

SDT, I have not specifically looked at the NH's, but may just do so. I am fine with a basic tractor as long as it meets my needs. That is interesting about the synchronized gears. I didn't really give that much thought. I figure now that fall/winter is approaching there may be some sweet deals on some tractors. I will just have to keep a watchful eye.

/ Calling all MF 2625 owners #8  

Hello,

I was quoted a price for a 2635 w/ Loader, 2 rear remotes, independent PTO for just over $27,000. It is already sitting on the lot and may have been for awhile, seems they aren't moving many tractors in this economy. If i remember correctly, there was also a rebate if you didn't finance through AGCO or low rate financing through AGCO - rebate. This all ends at the end of Sept according to dealer. Getting real close to buying my first tractor.

/ Calling all MF 2625 owners #9  
Hello,

I was quoted a price for a 2635 w/ Loader, 2 rear remotes, independent PTO for just over $27,000. It is already sitting on the lot and may have been for awhile, seems they aren't moving many tractors in this economy. If i remember correctly, there was also a rebate if you didn't finance through AGCO or low rate financing through AGCO - rebate. This all ends at the end of Sept according to dealer. Getting real close to buying my first tractor.

According to the MF website, the $2000 rebate as well as the "free loader" or "free rotary cutter" programs do end at the end of September but they have been extended several times this summer. Indeed the rebate was increased from $1500 to $2000 on August 01. Caveat: The rebate is almost certainly already figured into the quoted price.

The heavy incentives on the 2600 line have caused inventory to move so it is unlikely that incentives will be further increased.

SDT