Buying Advice New MF1635 on Order - Accessories?

/ New MF1635 on Order - Accessories? #12  
Skid Steer Quick Attach, makes swapping buckets a breeze.

Ah-- I should have figured that out! I remember the first time I read "ROPS" I had to look that up too.

/ New MF1635 on Order - Accessories? #13  
That dealer sounds like a total idiot!! A block heater will not harm the tractor at all, it will help it start better in the cold!! Ours was installed by the dealer tech at our place. Tractor only at our place for a week when the heater arrived.

Price the draft control kit for ground engaging work.
Yea, not sure why the dealer wouldn't want to install the block heater. Mine installed mine at my place while under warrenty without any questions.

/ New MF1635 on Order - Accessories?
Dumb question probably ... is the skid steer quick attach different than the normal quick attach?

/ New MF1635 on Order - Accessories? #15  
well someone will correct me but my MF had two options, the SSQA and the "pin" attach. The pin attach has about 7 pins on the bucket that hold it on in various places, that have to be R&Red when you change attachments. The SSQA has two springloaded pivot arms that you swing into position, easy as pie. The SSQA also is a std that allows you to get many attachments from different vendors instead of perhaps being tied to ones only from your tractor brand.

there is a penalty i think in that the SSQA is heavier than other systems (big steel plate on front).

/ New MF1635 on Order - Accessories? #16  
The SSQA does not use a plate. Will upload pics.

2 levers with SSQA, or 4 pins without - Go SSQA.
SSQADL1302_zpsb8411e45.jpg

SSQADLseries_zpsa61cc727.jpg

With the lift capacity of the DL loaders, and the axle capicity of the 1600 series, you will not notice the minimal loss from the few extra pounds.

Last edited:
   / New MF1635 on Order - Accessories? #17  
well cept for all the numbers i was right :laughing: sorry about that.

I also think you would be better off with the SSQA. i sure like mine, easy as snap beans to change the item on the front.

/ New MF1635 on Order - Accessories? #18  
Here is a couple of pictures of a pin type quick attach. I really think the SSQA would be a lot stronger

Attachments

• image-3991255780.jpg
    image-3991255780.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 272
  • image-4217192482.jpg
    image-4217192482.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 227
   / New MF1635 on Order - Accessories? #19  
I think that since you got the HD bucket, that only comes with the SSQA option. Since I like spending your money, you will definitely want a set of forks to go with it. I got a set of 42" SSQA forks for $525 delivered from palletforks.com. They aren't super heavy duty, but they are well built and will easily handle anything that the tractor will lift.

/ New MF1635 on Order - Accessories?
Thanks for all the help on the quick attach. I wondered if it was a foolish purchase, but apparently not.
So what does anyone think about snowthrower or push blade? Looks like it is gonna be a hard winter?