Buying Advice New MF1635 on Order - Accessories?

/ New MF1635 on Order - Accessories? #1  

Blitzn

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1635 12x12 Shuttle, Exmark Pioneer 48, and toys
Well, after analyzing it to death (my better half's description of what I did), I backed into ordering a new MF1635 last weekend. :licking:

Dealer says it will be here in a few weeks. We started originally with the Kubota's B and L-series, neighbor has a J Deere and another neighbor a Kubota. Looked at them all, drove them, but it ended up coming down to value. The capabilities of the 1635 exceed anything else in the category for a compact utility - while giving us plenty of functionality for clearing and brush-hogging out the woods and creeks.

So, any ideas on what I should look for right off the bat to add to it? I am thinking about one set of remotes and maybe block heater?
Thoughts?
Thanks. (Now I gotta go update my signature) :laughing:

/ New MF1635 on Order - Accessories? #2  
rear remotes
SSQA
box blade
pallet forks
rotary cutter

That's what I got with mine.

/ New MF1635 on Order - Accessories?
Rear remotes? Plural?

/ New MF1635 on Order - Accessories? #4  
You can fet three sets of rear remotes. I would get a block heater too. Are you doing any ground engaging work with it?

Did you get Powershuttle?

Yep, ordered the powershuttle. Also the heavy duty bucket. In time there may be some ground engaging work. First I have to clear woods and open some space.

I was thinking of one remote and the block heater idea made a lot of sense here since I will use it for snow removal.

Even better. Since the dealer was positive the 1635 came with one remote (cab unit does). They are going to Massey to include it. The dealer argues against the heater though until it's out of warranty. Have to learn why tomorrow

/ New MF1635 on Order - Accessories? #9  
Even better. Since the dealer was positive the 1635 came with one remote (cab unit does). They are going to Massey to include it. The dealer argues against the heater though until it's out of warranty. Have to learn why tomorrow
That dealer sounds like a total idiot!! A block heater will not harm the tractor at all, it will help it start better in the cold!! Ours was installed by the dealer tech at our place. Tractor only at our place for a week when the heater arrived.

Price the draft control kit for ground engaging work.