New MF 1648

/ New MF 1648 #1  

rhardy6f26

Tractor
MF1648
Anyone out there have the 48 or 52 hp model?
I am chomping at the bit waiting for mine to come in.
I currently have a JD 3520 open and decided to upgrade to more HP with better lift capacities and go with the cab option.
Brush hogging in the rain with a open station tractor is not much fun.
I have researched this over and over and the MF 1600 series seems to be the best bang for the buck so to speak.
My deere is a hydro but I decided to go with the qps trans. I heard the hydro verison on the mf has a whine to it and with field work i have to do, felt the shuttle style shift would better suit my needs. I do a lot of loader work too so I am hoping the qps design will make the change from hydro to gear a little better.

/ New MF 1648 #2  
rhardy6f26 said:
Anyone out there have the 48 or 52 hp model?
I am chomping at the bit waiting for mine to come in.
I currently have a JD 3520 open and decided to upgrade to more HP with better lift capacities and go with the cab option.
Brush hogging in the rain with a open station tractor is not much fun.
I have researched this over and over and the MF 1600 series seems to be the best bang for the buck so to speak.
My deere is a hydro but I decided to go with the qps trans. I heard the hydro verison on the mf has a whine to it and with field work i have to do, felt the shuttle style shift would better suit my needs. I do a lot of loader work too so I am hoping the qps design will make the change from hydro to gear a little better.

The DynaQPS and shuttle are do simple to use that i would not even bother with a hydro. With ground engaging work, do not buy a HST. Yes, the MF HST does whine.

/ New MF 1648 #3  
I have the 1652 cab with the dyna qps. Had it for 2 years now. Great tractor. Love the shuttle shift.

/ New MF 1648
sounds good
looks like they will be delivering this afternoon.
cant wait to put some hours on it
may even get the chance to move some snow this week if this storm hits as they are predicting. although its a little early for that

/ New MF 1648 #5  
I just hit the 100 hour mark on my 1660 and have enjoyed every one...the Dyna QPS is awesome.

/ New MF 1648 #6  
1648 here with the Dyna QPS. I just finished doing the 50 hour service on it and all I can tell you is that you will love your tractor. I have some steep hill on my place and it handles them like a champ. I haven't had any issues at all with this tractor. It will handle anything you throw at it.

/ New MF 1648 #7  
My father has a 1652. It is a great tractor. Shifts nice under all loads, cab is extremly quiet, support from Agco and Massey are great.

/ New MF 1648 #8  
Good Mornin rhardy6f26,
Good luck with your new tractor !

Wondering if you went with the R1's or R4's ? Im just thinking with your hills and ground engaging work the R1's would be the ticket...

Please post some pics when you can ! :)

/ New MF 1648
I went with the r4's loaded. I am hoping this will be a good compromise for the work i do with it. Most of the hours I put on my JD were split between harley raking and brush hogging. Also the reason for going with a cab. I ran R4's on my JD as well and had pretty good luck with them. I read some of the posts on the R1W's and would look to going with these in the future if I ever replace the tires.

I put a few hours on the tractor this weekend. The QPS is nice but takes a little seat time to get used to it compared to a hydro. Had to pull a fertilizer wagon through our christmas tree field and it went well. Also borrowed a set of pallet forks to move some logs in my yard. So far I am very pleased with it. Next will be harley raking a gravel road and some brush hogging before snow flies.

/ New MF 1648 #10  
Ive had my 1643 now for about a month and love it. couldnt be happier!