Buying Advice About to pull trigger on GC2400

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400 #11  
I wouldn't worry about Massey not making compacts. They hav even released the upcoming models. Not even a comparison to Cub or Bobcat.

Your discount will get smaller November 1st. You will not be sorry with a GC series. Very impressive machines.

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400 #12  
I played the gamut on green vs orange vs red & red. Ended up with a gc2410. This all took place this early spring. So far, I've removed 16 stumps and counting. I can post pics if you would like, but a hole in the ground and a stump chained to the bucket isn't all that exciting. If you're concerned about the mower, don't be. It's built like a tank and mows like a simplicity. I can say that cause that is what I replaced after 14 years. Servicing is a piece of cake. Turning radius takes a little getting used to, but its a 4wd tractor, not a toy. If you have trees you mow around the ROPs may cause you some head aches. My ROPs folds down.

That's my 2 cents.

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400 #14  
I paid 13,750 for mine 2 and 1/2 years ago. That's tractor, FEL, 60 inch deck.

I love the tractor, it's a beast, and the deck cut's fantastic.

The block heater for the GC series is quite expensive, so is loading the tires with Rimguard(which I recommend). The 1026r you are looking at is quite a bit more expensive also. I talked to a fella at Sears a few months ago, and he said he had almost 18,000 in his 1026r.

Whether you decide on the GC2400, or the GC1705..........they are the exact same machine, with a few cosmetic differences. Massey has a good design going, and I'm glad they didn't change it.

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400 #15  
Don87 said:
I paid 13,750 for mine 2 and 1/2 years ago. That's tractor, FEL, 60 inch deck.

I love the tractor, it's a beast, and the deck cut's fantastic.

The block heater for the GC series is quite expensive, so is loading the tires with Rimguard(which I recommend). The 1026r you are looking at is quite a bit more expensive also. I talked to a fella at Sears a few months ago, and he said he had almost 18,000 in his 1026r.

Whether you decide on the GC2400, or the GC1705..........they are the exact same machine, with a few cosmetic differences. Massey has a good design going, and I'm glad they didn't change it.
Check around for the block heater, the deere for tractor was nearly $150, i picked it up at canadian tire for $40. Same kit, exactly same!!

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400
Trigger pulled...expecting delivery by the end of this week. :cool2:

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400 #17  
GoRiders said:
Trigger pulled...expecting delivery by the end of this week. :cool2:

What was your final deal?

I wasn't able to get him to budge one bit on the asking price. So in the end I paid $13,500 plus taxes.

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400 #19  
Don't worry about the price now. Do yourself a favor and don't shop your price anymore. In a year from now, you'll probably be so happy with your purchase that you'll say I would have paid $20K for it. We need pictures now. Now the real fun starts.

Good advice. I can switch from obsessing about the purchase to obsessing about how much fun I'm going to have.