Buying Advice About to pull trigger on GC2400

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400 #21  
I agree with yelbike, I'd pay more for something I like. It will be red and pretty and from what I've read a pretty good machine that you will enjoy for years!

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400 #22  
Congrats on the purchase. You won't be sorry, I love mine.:cool2:

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400 #23  
Congrats, they are great little tractors

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400 #24  
:welcome:
Your are going to enjoy your tractor, I sure enjoy mine.:thumbsup:. I had some problems with the marker lights getting caught on tree branches but I did some mods to fix that. Bought a magnet block heater from Princess Auto and it worked good for me last winter. :D
Here's links to some GC mods you might be interested in.;)
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...3-gc-series-owner-upgrades-modifications.html
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/massey-ferguson-owning-operating/202732-moving-marker-lights.html
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...rating/203607-making-longer-hitch-gc2400.html

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400
A snowfall last Thursday/Friday forced a delay in the delivery of my tractor.:( Will now have to wait until Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks for the modification links. Will check out the magnetic block heater from Princess Auto. The tractor will be kept in a heated (just above freezing) garage. Do I even need to worry about a block heater?

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400 #26  
If your garage is above freezing you shouldn't need a block heater, you just may have to leave glow plugs on a bit longer.;)

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400 #27  
Get a block heater regardless. It will be money well spent.

The magnetic block heaters are totally worthless, get the frost plug type.

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400 #28  
Ditto on the block heater... you may not need it, but it does ease the strain on the battery & starter when starting cold. The MF heater is expensive (ouch!), but fits like a glove and is very unobtrusive. (The power cord can even be removed in the summer.)

Also ditto on the quality of the cut with the MMM; it's very good!

You're going to love the little red beast; as others have said, they're quite impressive in what they can accomplish!

Of course, after you get it, you're going to be dreaming of a front-mount snow blower, and a tiller, and.... just be warned!:laughing:

17-1.JPG09-3.JPG

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400
Is the block heater installation fairly straightforward, or is it something better left to the dealer? I'm capable of doing this sort of thing, unless it's a pain to get at.

/ About to pull trigger on GC2400 #30  
Is the block heater installation fairly straightforward, or is it something better left to the dealer? I'm capable of doing this sort of thing, unless it's a pain to get at.

I would let the dealer do it, real tight squeeze on oir 1635, can imagine how tight it is on a GC.