Buying Advice What do you all think about a Massey GC2400 tractor

/ What do you all think about a Massey GC2400 tractor #1  

hydrasports

Tractor
I don't have a tractor
What would be a good price for a Massey Ferguson GC2400 that is 4X4 has a hydrostatic tranny, FEL, roughly 400 hours on it and comes with a 60" finish mower?

I haven't seen it up close in person but appears to be in good condition. Not sure of it's year (would anyone have an idea on this)?

Also not sure of what it has for a motor... I have to look further into it and let you know.

Thanks

/ What do you all think about a Massey GC2400 tractor #3  
:thumbsup:Love mine also:thumbsup:
Cuts grass great, lots of power for the size, bought mine new in 2010 with FEL and MMM for $13,500 CAN plus tax.:D

/ What do you all think about a Massey GC2400 tractor #4  
The "new" version of the GC2300-series, it has a great reputation. Amazingly capable little machines; I still love mine after 5 years and 300+ hours.

/ What do you all think about a Massey GC2400 tractor #5  
Love mine also, it has done everything I have asked it to do, and trust me I have asked more than I should.:thumbsup:

/ What do you all think about a Massey GC2400 tractor
What do you mean "new"? What years were they bad?

/ What do you all think about a Massey GC2400 tractor #7  
What would be a good price for a Massey Ferguson GC2400 that is 4X4 has a hydrostatic tranny, FEL, roughly 400 hours on it and comes with a 60" finish mower?

I haven't seen it up close in person but appears to be in good condition. Not sure of it's year (would anyone have an idea on this)?

Also not sure of what it has for a motor... I have to look further into it and let you know.

Thanks

The Massey 2400-2600 series units are good units. The only problem I have ever heard about was with the "Parking Pawl" being some what poorly designed. One member had his TLB to roll off and doing major damage to the unit. I think Massey came out with a fix and changed the design. You may check the parking pawl when looking at the unit. Maybe the owner that had the problem can chime in and tell you what to look for.

/ What do you all think about a Massey GC2400 tractor #8  
"What do you mean "new"? What years were they bad?"

hydrasports, I didn't say any of them were bad-- the 2400 series is just a somewhat updated design.

Mine, a 2007 model, is one of the last years of the old design, the 2300 series. It has a rocker pedal for the hydrostatic transmission, whereas the new ones --2400 and 2600 series-- went to two separate pedals for forward & reverse.

The dash & gauges on the new ones are far superior to mine, I think, but I have no problem with the rocker pedal. There were some other (mostly cosmetic) changes, but they're basically the same machine with the same engine & transmission. The 2600 series simply boosted the power a bit so they could call it "25 (26?) HP." Mine's rated at 22 HP, the same as the 2400 machines.

In any case, very tough, capable tractors!

/ What do you all think about a Massey GC2400 tractor
When did they come out with the new model for the GC2300? I want to take a look at one, but don't know the year yet. So my question is what year did they come out with this years model, or another way to put it is how long has it been since they did changes to bring it up to this model?

When I get the year of this GC2300 I'll let you know and hopefully you all will be able to tell me I should or should not go for it.

Thanks!

/ What do you all think about a Massey GC2400 tractor #10  
Looking at tractor house it looks like the GC2300 was built from 2003 - 2008 maybe 2009. Just a guess though.