Upgrade time...new GC1710 on the way!

/ Upgrade time...new GC1710 on the way!
Well guys I took it out for a few minutes to play in the snow...I must say this tractor is tighter than my old GC2310. I also feel like I'm sitting higher, I wish the steering wheel was a couple inches taller or better yet, adjustable!

Rob, I agree on the loader handle. My GC2310, had the very short loader handle but it worked real nice, and you knew it was in the 'float' position. This newer loader handle will take some getting used too, I noticed it was tricky finding the bucket dump vs lower position. And you really have to force it into the 'float' position. Almost feels like you are breaking it to get in and out of 'float'. I didn't put on the snowblade and practiced with the loader and can't say I am comfortable with it yet. I spoke with my dealer who says he has some input when they do re-designs...I told him they really need the loader valve on the fender like the big machines...JD and Cub Cadet have it on their subcompacts and the Cub's worked real nice. I use the loader a lot and almost bought black and yellow just for that reason. But the rest of the tractor wasn't anywhere near as nice the GC1710. I got the cab jerry rigged on and will post some pics when I put the snow blade on this weekend.

/ Upgrade time...new GC1710 on the way! #12  
I didnt noticed where you lived, but I'm curious as to how your backhoe lines are configured. I just picked up my gc1710 yesturday and I compared my backhoe hookup with the instruction sheet and it's definitely not right. When u are setting as if you are using the backhoe, where does the line coming out of the backhoe control panel run to. I believe according to the instructions, it should go to the rearend where the 90 degree fitting is, but mine runs back to the loader valve. Please check and see. Mine was assembled in Baltimore and I believe this has been an ongoing problem. Thanks

/ Upgrade time...new GC1710 on the way! #13  
Thanks for the pics. I like how thry integrated the controller.

/ Upgrade time...new GC1710 on the way! #14  
I added a steering knob on my 2410-best mod I ever done and its inexpensive too. I got the knob from TSC.

/ Upgrade time...new GC1710 on the way! #15  
Guessing by the purchase from Abele Tractor that you're from the Albany area. Congrats on the new purchase. I just signed for a 2012 1529L w/ a 60" blower yesterday, but it's coming from Mabie Bros. in Kirkville. No more shoveling for this guy, I can't wait for the snow fall now.. BRING IT ON!!!:eek:

/ Upgrade time...new GC1710 on the way! #16  
JBourquin Mabie Bros is where I bought my GC2400 from 2 years ago. Paul talked to me for over a hour about the tractor and it's options at the Farm Show at the Fairgrounds. He was one of the main reasons for buying from them. Customer service is very important to me. Good luck with your purchase as you will love it!

/ Upgrade time...new GC1710 on the way! #17  
What is the going price for a gc1710 I was priced 18,600 for a gc2610.