Ready to buy 1648 or 1652

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652 #21  
Get them while you can. Before i decided and pulled the trigger on my 1648 with cab, they were getting pretty scarce. Mine came from a dealer in NH who got it from their other store in Bangor Maine. The tractor had quite a few miles on her riding on a trailer. My dealer said he had someone else intersested in one but the next closest was ohio

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652 #22  
I did grow up on a farm, already own a JD 748 tractor/mower with HST and *definitely* am only considering the 12x12. :D

Unless your dealer has one or can get one from another dealer, you really have to get started. Two dealers told me this independent from each other. And yes I second another member's opinion here: Get the 12x12 PowerShuttle and not the HST! Will leave you with a little more PTO power, and it is definitely more fun!! I testdrove both versions and the HST just reminded me of my lawn mower; not very satisfying... I guess I grew up on a farm, hehe!

Last edited:
   / Ready to buy 1648 or 1652
And I have a Simplicity Regent HST lawn mower...

And now I have another question; something seems fishy to me. Since I would like to go the route of the "0%" financing, I sent off the application to the dealer. Remember how he quoted me 32400$ at 0% financing and 28400$ for cash. Now in his last e-mail he all the sudden speaks of 35900$ at 0% financing (pre tax). What is that?

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652 #25  
Tires, liquid ballast, and all that are options. The tires will be $3000 plus $1500 for liquid ballast. When we got the 1652 our dealer walked through the order with us showing us what costs what and the markup he has on it.

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652 #26  
Yikes-- that's a HUGE jump. I'd say the dealer has some explaning to do.

When I was shopping around I got prices all over the place as well. I was careful to pin them down so I was comparing apples to apples. Otherwise they have all kinds of dealer "tricks" they can play with pricing. For example, I'm going to sell my Case 580CK backhoe and replace it with the new MF. I was sure my best bet was to sell the hoe myself but when one dealer found out I was selling it he assured me that they "love used equipment". That was the sales guy. When I talked to one of the owners separetly (not telling him of my conversation w/ the sales guy) he came right out and said used equipment was a PITA and they really would prefer not to mess with it. I guess some tractor dealers have a lot in common with used car dealers...

And now I have another question; something seems fishy to me. Since I would like to go the route of the "0%" financing, I sent off the application to the dealer. Remember how he quoted me 32400$ at 0% financing and 28400$ for cash. Now in his last e-mail he all the sudden speaks of 35900$ at 0% financing (pre tax). What is that?

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652 #27  
It one does go the cras route, do you have to pay up front before the dealer will order, or put up a large down payment, or... ?

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652 #28  
I was sure my best bet was to sell the hoe myself but when one dealer found out I was selling it he assured me that they "love used equipment". That was the sales guy. When I talked to one of the owners separately (not telling him of my conversation w/ the sales guy) he came right out and said used equipment was a PITA and they really would prefer not to mess with it.

We dealt with the owner when we got ours. He was upfront about everything, he hid nothing from us.

Update, a good one! The dealer was answering my e-mail while on the phone with another customer who wants to buy a planter. So he just gave me the prices of the planter... All is good, he just got messed up for a little! Phew! But he could not have gotten far anyways, as I have the quote on paper.

/ Ready to buy 1648 or 1652 #30  
Update, a good one! The dealer was answering my e-mail while on the phone with another customer who wants to buy a planter. So he just gave me the prices of the planter... All is good, he just got messed up for a little! Phew! But he could not have gotten far anyways, as I have the quote on paper.

Well that must be one fancy planter.