1855 Front End Loader

/ 1855 Front End Loader #11  
Loader is a Johnson, just finally read the label!

I have never had a Johnson loader but from what I know they are top notch. I think once you get this rig in order it will be a solid set up.

I learned the hard way on a Wheel Horse D-180 with a Ark loader that I should have gone over the machine in totality from the start. It was one issue after the other and I started to dislike the machine. Then I realized it really was my fault. The machine was 40 years old and appeared to have had just bunch of quick patch jobs when things did break. The last straw was when the hydro lever came disconnected and I went flying over a hill full speed. That was scary. So I decided to do what I should have done in the first place. Took apart the bulk of the tractor and reassembled using the correct parts and replacing worn items like the cam for the hydro control.

So I will be interested to find out after you have gone over the tractor more if you find similar quick fixes done by the prior owner or if you got lucky with a solid unit.

In any event those small FEL's are a lot of fun and very handy for tight areas!

/ 1855 Front End Loader
It looks to have very few hours on it, if the meter is to be believed about 785. It sat in a barn for around 10 years after the original owner got too old to use it. I have sorted most of the issues and believe I found the last problem to be a loose starter magnet, but I've got to pull the starter to check, which means pulling the engine.