1855 Front End Loader

/ 1855 Front End Loader #1  

toppop52

Super Star Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1723, Cub Cadet 1864
Just picked it up today, needs some tlc but a very handy size and way more power than I expected out of the 18 hp Onan. Still trying to figure out all the ranges and speeds of the transaxle. The pto and 3 point is going to be handy though. A big step up from the GT 5000 with Johnny bucket!

/ 1855 Front End Loader
It ain't pretty but it's handy.
Massey%20Ferguson%20FEL.jpg

And that's not my truck, not in the firewood biz.:D

/ 1855 Front End Loader #3  
That's a cute unit - don't know much about them - but cool.

/ 1855 Front End Loader
It's the perfect size for me, some tight spots and less than 2 acres. I beat my poor Craftsman GT 5000 with Johnny bucket unmercifully and it did a lot of work around here, but with a Johnny bucket you're very limited on lift and dump room, this fixes that. Plus the pto and mostly the 3 point hitch, give some versatility I didn't have before.

/ 1855 Front End Loader #5  
It's the perfect size for me, some tight spots and less than 2 acres. I beat my poor Craftsman GT 5000 with Johnny bucket unmercifully and it did a lot of work around here, but with a Johnny bucket you're very limited on lift and dump room, this fixes that. Plus the pto and mostly the 3 point hitch, give some versatility I didn't have before.
I wasn't making fun - it looks like a great little workhorse. I did a quick search to see if I could find one - that'd be ideal for little stuff around here, or putting the kids to work.... What's something like that run about if I may?

/ 1855 Front End Loader
I didn't take it as making fun at all. I paid $1000 with a poor functioning carb. The hydraulics work great and the motor sounds good, a little blow by but nothing major. Could use a paint job and seat cover, both of which fit my expertise well. It has the 2000 rpm pto which limits attachments some, but basically I won't use it a lot, the 3 point is what I plan to use on the back. The bucket will get the lion's share of work.

/ 1855 Front End Loader #7  
I didn't take it as making fun at all. I paid $1000 with a poor functioning carb. The hydraulics work great and the motor sounds good, a little blow by but nothing major. Could use a paint job and seat cover, both of which fit my expertise well. It has the 2000 rpm pto which limits attachments some, but basically I won't use it a lot, the 3 point is what I plan to use on the back. The bucket will get the lion's share of work.

Great deal for $1000 IMO. Nice handy rig! I had a Johnny bucket when I lived on a much smaller property and you are right they are very limited. Rugged but limited.

Congrats on the MF! Is that a Kwik Way loader?

/ 1855 Front End Loader #8  

What an awesome rugged little rig. :thumbsup: Have to keep an eye out for one... Congrats! And welcome to the club, everyone knows - tractors are red. :laughing:

/ 1855 Front End Loader
I was red, now I'm still red! I was looking at a couple of sub compact loaders but frankly for the money, I couldn't walk away from this and it really is a better size for my purposes.
I don't know about the brand of the loader, I'll check it and let you know.

/ 1855 Front End Loader
Great deal for $1000 IMO. Nice handy rig! I had a Johnny bucket when I lived on a much smaller property and you are right they are very limited. Rugged but limited.

Congrats on the MF! Is that a Kwik Way loader?
Loader is a Johnson, just finally read the label!