Massey Ferguson 1040 Question

/ Massey Ferguson 1040 Question #1  

Matt Zitlow

Tractor
none yet
I am looking at the possible purchase of a Massey Ferguson 1040 tractor with a loader. It is 4wd. I am concerned about parts/service. I don't want to buy an expensive yard pretty.

/ Massey Ferguson 1040 Question #2  
:welcome:

/ Massey Ferguson 1040 Question #3  
Welcome to the forum. Parts are somewhat difficult to find but most Agco dealers can get most the parts you need if something were to break. Most other parts can be got of of salvage tractors. Oil and filters can be got from any auto parts store and bearings are common sizes and easy to find.

The 1040 is a great powerhouse of a tractor and very reliable. If it has the 1016 loader they are somewhat slow in comparison to today's equipment but it gets the job done.

/ Massey Ferguson 1040 Question #4  
:welcome:

/ Massey Ferguson 1040 Question #6  
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ Massey Ferguson 1040 Question
Thanks Ya'll, I'm glad I signed up for the forums.

/ Massey Ferguson 1040 Question #8  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Massey Ferguson Buying & Pricing forum.

/ Massey Ferguson 1040 Question #9  
Parts are getting harder to come by on these. General service stuff is easy, but some of the more model specific stuff is getting tough, and expensive.

/ Massey Ferguson 1040 Question #10  
Parts are getting harder to come by on these. General service stuff is easy, but some of the more model specific stuff is getting tough, and expensive.

That is why we avoided one when we bought the 1523, did not want to be in that situation

Welcome aboard Matt. .