Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1526 Hydrostat

Default Re: 1526HL

Well you sure want to have a place to park a tractor. It sure saves on the paint and machine a lot. I haven't seen a reason to have wheel weights on mine yet. With the mower on back it seems to be pretty balanced.

Tractor
    Massey 1529

Default Re: 1526HL

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    Well you sure want to have a place to park a tractor. It sure saves on the paint and machine a lot. I haven't seen a reason to have wheel weights on mine yet. With the mower on back it seems to be pretty balanced.
    I agree. UV and other weather is so hard on stuff. When you compare equipment kept outside to inside, there's a big difference.

I don't know how much difference whether I was carrying a scut or cut on a trailer and keeping the tractor at home. Will depend on the trailer I guess. I think my truck can handle both.

I don't even like to drive by the Massey or JD dealership and see the tractors covered in snow.

I could go with one of those instant, portable, or whatever you want to call those shelters. Probably need to have an armed guard to keep it from being taken. Last year, I only had one neighbour 300 yards away or so. Now I have two, even closer ones and I might be able to make a deal with the one guy. At least there is a house and some people around most of the time.

Not living on the land yet, really complicates things. Someone from the church lives about 6 miles down the grid where the land is. Maybe I could work a deal with them. Plus, I need to figure out the insurance as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12