Buying Advice 1526HL

/ 1526HL #11  
Well you sure want to have a place to park a tractor. It sure saves on the paint and machine a lot. I haven't seen a reason to have wheel weights on mine yet. With the mower on back it seems to be pretty balanced.

/ 1526HL
Well you sure want to have a place to park a tractor. It sure saves on the paint and machine a lot. I haven't seen a reason to have wheel weights on mine yet. With the mower on back it seems to be pretty balanced.

I agree. UV and other weather is so hard on stuff. When you compare equipment kept outside to inside, there's a big difference.

I don't know how much difference whether I was carrying a scut or cut on a trailer and keeping the tractor at home. Will depend on the trailer I guess. I think my truck can handle both.

I don't even like to drive by the Massey or JD dealership and see the tractors covered in snow.

I could go with one of those instant, portable, or whatever you want to call those shelters. Probably need to have an armed guard to keep it from being taken. Last year, I only had one neighbour 300 yards away or so. Now I have two, even closer ones and I might be able to make a deal with the one guy. At least there is a house and some people around most of the time.

Not living on the land yet, really complicates things. Someone from the church lives about 6 miles down the grid where the land is. Maybe I could work a deal with them. Plus, I need to figure out the insurance as well.

/ 1526HL #13  
So are you talking about a rotary mower or bush hog type mower? My finish mower is a bush hog brand 60 inch. It has three blades and they are pretty thick. I have mowed some stuff that was pretty thick and had to mow it high the first round and mow it a second time. But if you are going to start maintaining it more often it would be easier the next go around. I guess I was thinking of a flail mower.

George, do you think a MF 1526 could handle a 72" finish mower?

/ 1526HL #14  
48" would be the best size but it will handle 60" with out an issue. 72" is asking for trouble.

/ 1526HL #16  
The 1526 auto throttle is a nice feature. It will take a 5ft finish mower no problem, it will also run a 5ft bush hog if go easy with it.. It's a tough little tractor with good PTO HP nice features and there will be one in my barn shortly..