1529 price check...

/ 1529 price check... #1  

amstaff

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5530
I was just in a dealership today for a Simplicity Garden Tractor, and while I was there I looked at the MF 1529. I am currently "down-sizing" from a utility tractor to a compact in the high 20 to low 30 hp range. I was quoted $16,995 for a 4X4 1529 with FEL and R4 tires. For the life of me I cannot remember if that was for the HST or gear! I think HST. He said there was currently a $3k (or maybe it was $3,500) rebate on them... $17k seems kinda high for a 28hp tractor, no??? Anyone buy one of these within the past year? Like it?

Amstaff

/ 1529 price check... #2  
What Simplicity was you looking at?

/ 1529 price check... #3  
It seems fair to me.

/ 1529 price check...
What Simplicity was you looking at?

It's a Conquest (painted Red w/ MF badging!)... MF calls it a 2700 series, and it has a 24hp Briggs/ 52" deck. There is a slim (VERY slim) chance that I take a 2800 series (Prestige, I think) with a 30hp Briggs and 54" deck. He has had the 2800 sitting in his showroom for a long time and he is coming up with a quote to move it. We'll see.

/ 1529 price check...
It seems fair to me.

I do think his was for the HST (and I am also pretty sure it already had the tires loaded w/ washer fluid). I will be back there soon, so I will confirm the quote. I would really like a gear for cost reasons.

/ 1529 price check... #6  
I was just in a dealership today for a Simplicity Garden Tractor, and while I was there I looked at the MF 1529. I am currently "down-sizing" from a utility tractor to a compact in the high 20 to low 30 hp range. I was quoted $16,995 for a 4X4 1529 with FEL and R4 tires. For the life of me I cannot remember if that was for the HST or gear! I think HST. He said there was currently a $3k (or maybe it was $3,500) rebate on them... $17k seems kinda high for a 28hp tractor, no??? Anyone buy one of these within the past year? Like it?

Amstaff

$16,585 for a 2013 model in tractor house. It getting close to spring. I would think prices are going to be higher now. But you never know.

/ 1529 price check...
Radrock,
How do you like your 1526?
Amstaff

/ 1529 price check... #8  

Amstaff
Did the price that he quoted include the $3000 or $3500 or would you get that back also?

/ 1529 price check...
Did the price that he quoted include the $3000 or $3500 or would you get that back also?

Rebate was included in that price.

/ 1529 price check... #10  
Radrock,
How do you like your 1526?
Amstaff

I'm sorry Amstaff, Somehow I missed this question... I really like my 1526 a lot. It does everything I want it for and more. There is always a time when you wish you had a bigger tractor, maybe a cab, and of course a backhoe, but you have to be realistic as to what you really need. It is just right for what I need a tractor for. It sure beats a pick and shovel and a push mower haha :thumbsup: