mid mount mower{question for massey guys}

/ mid mount mower{question for massey guys} #1  

chub380

Tractor
kubota
Was hoping someone could tell me if any of the masseys have mid pto to put a mmm under it currently looking at a kubota b2920 if it had position control i would prob already have it. i do however love the looks of the masseys and think they are prob just as good as the next color i gues i would be looking at the 15 or 16 series?

/ mid mount mower{question for massey guys} #2  
Most massey ferguson 1500- 1600 series do have a mid pto either standard or available. I have a 1531 with a mid mount mower and front mount snow blower.

/ mid mount mower{question for massey guys} #3  
Here are a couple of pics...

152315051_zpsb4bec40e.jpg

:)

152315052_zps35a93aeb.jpg

/ mid mount mower{question for massey guys} #4  
Here are a couple of pics...

152315051_zpsb4bec40e.jpg

152315052_zps35a93aeb.jpg

I'm leaning in the direction of one of these.. How much heavier are these than a 60" Zero turn mower? Industrial pro model. Just wondering if my single axel trailer would haul it.

/ mid mount mower{question for massey guys} #5  
I'm leaning in the direction of one of these.. How much heavier are these than a 60" Zero turn mower? Industrial pro model. Just wondering if my single axel trailer would haul it.

The 1523 was around 1700 pounds, was light for its power. A 1526 may be 2,000 pounds. A single axle should be fine.

What are you pulling it with? Does the trailer have brakes?

/ mid mount mower{question for massey guys} #6  
I honestly don't think they are making the 1523 for 2013. I didn't think they were making the 1526 either, as you can't even click on it in the Massey website. But they do have one on the lot at my local dealer. It does not come with a Mid PTO, but you can get it as an extra option. The 1526 IS CONSIDERABLY larger frame wise then the 1523 was. So I don't know if size is an issue for you, but the 1523 and 1526 are quite a bit different weight and stature wise. The 1529 is another jump again. Personally, I was not very impressed with the 1526. There are nicer tractors out there in the size. The 1600 series tractors are very nice. If you indeed want Massey, and they are not making the 1523, which I believe to be the case, there is a MAJOR jump from the GC series to the 1526.

I also noticed that all of the tractors on my dealers lot this year sport the OLD hood design. I have a brochure showing all of the tractors with the modern styling that the GC's currently have. But none of the other tractors on my dealers lot share this. I don't know what the deal is with the brochure that shows all of the tractors with the modern hoods.

/ mid mount mower{question for massey guys}
thats a sweet setup i didnt see the 1523 either mabye the 1526 could get the mmm also does your rig mow good couldnt tell if the deck was stamped or fab from the pic. love your setup

/ mid mount mower{question for massey guys} #8  
They are stoll making the 1526, the dealers are the ones not ordering them for stock. The 1526 is a major improvement over the 1523. I checked one over thoroughly.

The 1635 is nice, a lit more money, much heavier though, all cast iron.

The MMM is one piece, stamped, heavy deck for sure.

/ mid mount mower{question for massey guys} #9  
The 1500 series will sport the round headlight design of old. So you will see 2013 models with the same headlight/hood as the last few years. They're not old stock or anything. When the 1700's come out the hood will have the "family" look. And all that expensive new emmisions crap to drive us all nuts. 1523 was replaced by the 1526.

I don't think the you would notice most of the differences in between the 1523 and the 1526 unless you were really looking. The wheelbase is within 2", weights are close too. But you're getting a larger displacement engine, 3 speed Hydro and a bit longer tractor, so that would be expected. It's a nice jump from a GC series. Much larger tires with better ground clearance is a major plus.

/ mid mount mower{question for massey guys}
I am assuming the 1526 would be comparable to the kubota 2620 0r2920 could anyone here tell me if the 1526/29 has position control also would it be the same stamped mower thats on the 1523 pictured thanks